I’m an international student. What do I need in order to apply?

You’ll need to complete your application for admission and a personal statement. Before you apply, make sure you’ve filled out the International Student Financial Aid Application. We ask that you provide an official high school transcript and a secondary high school report form and a counselor recommendation. If you’re applying for Early Decision, you’ll need to fill out an additional form.

Please submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test scores to Rollins. Our TOEFL code is 5572. If you are submitting IELTS scores, we only accept scores submitted electronically by the IELTS test center. No paper Test Report Forms will be accepted. An institutional code is not required for IELTS. Please request your scores be submitted electronically by the test center. If you are submitting DET scores, once you receive certified test results, you can log into your Duolingo English Test account, click on the "Send Results" button next to your test results, and select Rollins College, and we will receive the results electronically.

I’m a U.S citizen living abroad. Am I considered an international student?

No. However, the Rollins International Admission team will read your application because they are familiar with overseas educational systems.

If I hold multiple citizenships, including the U.S., which citizenship should I apply under?

As a U.S citizen or U.S permanent resident, you are required to apply as such.

I have been living in the U.S, but I don’t hold permanent residency or citizenship. Can I qualify for need-based aid?

Yes, you can qualify. Please reach out to Brandy Fransen, our Senior Associate Director of International Admission, for more information.

What is the minimum English proficiency score for acceptance?

That depends on the test. Students may demonstrate competency by submitting scores from TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or DET (Duolingo English Test). A score of 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT), 80 (IBT) on the (TOEFL), an overall band score of 6.5 or higher on the (IELTS), or 110 or higher on the (DET) to indicate adequate proficiency.

Can proof of English proficiency be waived?

Yes. Proof of English proficiency can be waived by the following: a score of 550 or higher on the critical reading section of the SAT or transcripts that show you have recently attended a school where English is the main language of instruction for at least two years or more.

I don’t have a counselor at my school. How do I complete the secondary school report and recommendation form?

In the absence of a counselor, we’ll accept a letter of recommendation from an academic teacher and waive the secondary school report.

How do I apply for a student visa?

All admitted students are required to make a deposit to secure their place at Rollins. Once you’ve made your deposit, you will be directed to our Office of International Student Scholars. They’ll help you through the process of applying for your student visa.

Is the deadline to apply different for international students?

Yes. All international students must apply by March 1.

Does Rollins offer academic scholarships to international students?

Yes. At Rollins, international students are eligible for academic scholarships based on their high school performance and test scores. For international students, scholarships range from $10,000 per year up to full tuition. You don’t need to fill out a scholarship application because every student is considered for scholarships when they apply to Rollins. Explore Rollins scholarships.

Are international students eligible for need-based financial aid?

Yes. Rollins is one of the few U.S. colleges that offer international applicants need-based financial aid. Aid is determined by the information provided on the International Student Financial Aid Application as well as by the amount of Rollins academic scholarship a student receives.

Is Rollins need-aware during the admission process for international students?

Yes. Rollins takes into account a family’s contribution towards financing your education. This is assessed through the Rollins International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA) form.