How to Apply to the FAFSA
Learn more about the financial aid process and about how to apply for financial aid at Rollins.
In December, students may begin to submit their FAFSA application for the forthcoming academic year.
Although the process for applying for financial aid can seem complicated, it can easily be broken down into three critical steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Step 2: Respond to any requests from the Financial Aid Office concerning additional information that may be required.
- Step 3: If admitted, receive your aid offer 1-2 weeks later. This will help you determine what your out-of-pocket expenses will be.
FAFSA Timeline for 2023-2024
If you need financial aid for Fall 2023 through Summer 2024, submit the 2023-2024 FAFSA.
- Available between October 1, 2022 and June 30, 2024.
- Use income and tax data from 2021.
FAFSA Timeline for 2024-2025
If you need financial aid for Fall 2024 through Summer 2025, submit the 2024-2025 FAFSA.
- Available between December 2023 and June 30, 2025.
- Use income and tax data from 2022.
The need analysis process does not always consider every family situation. If your family has experienced a change in financial circumstances not considered on the FAFSA, you may request a review of special circumstances.
How To Fill Out Your FAFSA
From required documents to questions to expect, this video provides a step-by-step breakdown of how to fill out your FAFSA.
FAFSA Step-By-Step Guide
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens in December. In order to streamline the FAFSA process, we recommend you take the following steps:
1. Gather Your Tax Return(s)
Gather your prior-prior year federal tax returns and any other income or asset information.
2. Start Your FAFSA
3. Invite Contributors
Invite contributors to link their tax information to your FASFA.
4. Use Direct Data Exchange
Utilize the Direct Data Exchange to allow the Department of Education to transfer your data from the IRS to your FASFA.
5. Enter Your School Code
Enter Rollins school code of 001515.
Electronically sign the FAFSA with your FSA ID.