Student Account Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to your most frequently asked questions.

What methods of payment do you accept? Acceptable forms of payment include cash (in person only), check, money order, cashier’s check, or wire. Credit card payments (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express) are accepted via the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System. Electronic check is also available via the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System.

May I pay by credit card over the telephone? Credit card payments (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express) are only accepted via the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System.

Is there a fee associated with a credit card payment made via the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System? There is a fee of 2.75% charged for all credit card payments made through the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System.

Is there a fee associated with an E-check payment made via the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System? There is no fee for an E-check payment.

Why does my QuikPAY Online statement not show my current term charges? Statements are sent to the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System at the end of each month. If you registered for classes in the middle of a month, your online statement will not be updated until the end of the month. You may obtain a current balance in FoxLink.

Why doesn’t a payment made through the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System show on my account? Online payments made between 5:01 p.m. EST current day and 5 p.m. EST the next day are posted to your account the next business day after 5 p.m. EST.

Why does my QuikPAY Online statement still show a balance due after I made a full payment? Zero balance bills are not sent to the QuikPAY Billing and Payment System. You may pay any amount on your QuikPAY account. The QuikPAY system will allow you to pay an amount different than the amount shown as due.

Can I use my R-card to purchase my books? All students may use available Tar Buc$ funds to purchase books. Bookstore purchases may also be charged to the student account for College of Liberal Arts students only. A bill, including bookstore charges, will be available monthly in the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System if the account has a balance due. Bookstore charges are deducted from any credit balance on the account before a refund check is issued.

How can I use my financial aid to purchase books? Students with excess financial aid may transfer up to a maximum of $1,000 per term prior to their financial aid refund to the Tar Buc$ account to purchase books in the campus bookstore. Students with Title IV financial aid must sign a Title IV Authorization Form through Foxlink prior to receiving a Tar Buc$ transfer. Tar Buc$ transfers are allowed two weeks prior to the start of the term. A Flex Transfer Authorization Form must be completed through Foxlink. Once the form has been received and verified by the Student Account Services Office, funds will be transferred to your Tar Buc$ account.

Where do I obtain proof of enrollment for insurance purposes? Proof of student enrollment may be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar is located in the Mills Memorial Center and may be reached via telephone at 407-646-2144 or via e-mail at

How can I make a payment after your office is closed? Payments may be made 24 hours a day from any computer via the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System. Payments may also be deposited in the drop box located on the right side of the front door of the Warren Administration Building. Please enclose payment in a sealed envelope marked “Student Account Services”. Do not deposit cash into the box.

When will my financial aid funds be applied and when will I receive my refund check? Funds are disbursed by the Financial Aid department after the start of the term, usually at the end of add/drop. Refunds generated by financial aid are not available until after enrollment has been confirmed. All College of Liberal Arts students must complete a refund request form in order to receive a refund. Refund checks are not processed until the add/drop period has ended. Refund checks are processed no later than 14 days from the date financial aid is posted to the student's account. A student may request direct deposit by submitting a completed Student Direct Deposit form available under the forms option on our website. All refund checks are mailed.

Why is my account on hold? Holds are placed on accounts for various reasons. A student may have a hold for a past due balance or if the balance is not fully covered by financial aid or scholarship. BT Hold - This is a partially-restrictive hold – Students with a past due balance less than $1,000 will be allowed to register, however, these accounts continue to be subject to monthly late fees and will not be allowed to receive official transcripts or diplomas until the balance has been paid. BH Hold - This is a restrictive hold – Students with a balance greater than $1,000 will not be allowed to register, receive official transcripts or a diploma. Student accounts are subject to monthly late fees and should contact our office immediately at to resolve their past due balance. BI Hold - This is a restrictive hold - Student accounts in internal collections will not be allowed to register, receive official transcripts or a diploma until their balance has been paid. Students with this hold status should contact our office at to set up a payment arrangement immediately. RF Hold Title IV - This is a non-restrictive hold– Students can register, receive an official transcript, etc. This tells our office we have your authorization to hold credits on your account until you request a refund or leave Rollins. Learn more

Why was I charged a late fee? Late fees are assessed each month your account has a past due balance. All accounts with past due balances greater than $200 will be subject to monthly late payment fees on the following scale:

Past Due Balance of $200 – $999.99: $75
Past Due Balance of $1,000 – $4,999.99: $125
Past Due Balance of $5,000 – $19,999.99: $200
Past Due Balance of $20,000 or greater: 1% of Past Due Amount

By registering, students agree to accept full responsibility for the payment of tuition and fees. If a payment is not fulfilled or returned for insufficient funds or no approval by credit, students also agree to pay all fees associated with the collection of due funds, including collection costs and attorney's fees. Learn more

If I have a deferment form, may I receive a refund of my financial aid funds? Financial aid funds are applied to the account balance first. A student is only eligible for a refund if the account has a credit balance. If a student has a deferment form from an employer, the student may retain the funds when received from their employer.

What is the difference between the Meal Plan and the Tar Buc$ Plan? The meal plan is intended solely for food purchases at any dining facility on campus, pizza delivery, or for food items in the C-store. The Tar Buc$ plan is intended for copies, postage, bookstore purchases, vending machine purchases, or sundry items in the C-store. All funds from the meal plan are non-refundable but will carry over from the fall term to the spring term of the same academic year. Tar Buc$ plan funds are only refundable upon separation from the college.

Why is the amount of funds on my R-card meal plan different than the amount I am charged for a meal plan? The difference between the meal plan charge and the amount of funds deposited on the R-card meal plan is the meal plan overhead fee. How can I decline the meal plan? All students boarding in a residence hall (except Sutton Place) are required to enroll in the meal plan.

Why is the amount of my refund check less than what was requested? Any charges due on your account at the time of refund are deducted from your credit prior to issuance of the refund check. Current charges/credits are available in FoxLink. Can I request a refund from my Tar Buc$ account? Tar Buc$ accounts funds are only refundable upon separation from the college.

How can I use my work-study to pay my balance? Work-study agreements may be signed with an Accounting Assistant in the Student Account Services's office. The student must obtain an assignment before completing a work-study agreement. The student must appear at the Student Account Services’s office to endorse the check to be applied to their student account. Students are required to sign over a work-study check at least once during the month to avoid the monthly late payment fee.

How do I use Florida Prepaid? Florida Prepaid participants must complete a Transfer Authorization with Florida Prepaid. The plan purchaser must complete the Transfer Form authorizing Florida Prepaid to pay Rollins College. The authorization may be obtained by contacting Florida Prepaid at 1-800-552-GRAD (4723). Florida Prepaid will forward authorization to the College. Florida Prepaid will not pay Rollins until the Transfer Authorization form has been received by Florida Prepaid.

How much does Florida Prepaid pay to Rollins? The College invoices Florida Prepaid for the number of hours the student is enrolled in for the term. Florida Prepaid pays based on the rate established for the year. Florida Prepaid is invoiced after the add/drop period ends. Florida Prepaid payments take about 3 weeks to arrive, if all appropriate paperwork has been received. The College will defer payment on these funds if the College has received authorization from Florida Prepaid.

Can I transfer alternative loan funds to my Tar Buc$ account? Alternative loan funds are not available to students until the check is received from the alternative lender. If the student has a credit balance from other financial aid, those funds may be transferred to the Tar Buc$ account. A Liberal Arts student can charge books to their account if the College has received confirmation of the alternative loans funds and the loan will cover the balance for the term. Return to Top Form 1098T and Education Tax Credits.

When will my 1098T be available? 1098T's are required by law to be mailed by January 31st. Depending on the US mail, it could be mid-February by the time you receive the paper copy. however, students can also access their 1098T information through their Foxlink account under the student tab as well as any past 1098T's that have been generated during their time at Rollins.

Why did I receive the Form 1098T? What is the purpose of the form? Educational institutions are required by law to report to students the amount of qualified tuition and related expenses (fees) billed to them or paid by them during the calendar year. The purpose of the form is to help the student determine whether they are eligible to claim an Education Tax Credit on their individual income tax returns. In previous years, your 1098-T included a figure in Box 2 that represented the qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) we billed to your student account for the calendar (tax) year. Due to a change to institutional reporting requirements under federal law, beginning with the tax year 2018, Rollins College will report in Box 1 the amount of QTRE you paid during the year. The Form 1098T from Rollins also includes a total for scholarships, grants, tuition remission and discounts (Box 5).  Depending on your income (or your family’s income, if you are a dependent), whether you were considered full or half-time enrolled, and the amount of your qualified educational expenses for the year, you may be eligible for a federal education tax credit. (You can find detailed information about claiming education tax credits in IRS Publication 970, page 9. and as outlined in New 1098T Tax Reporting Informationstudent-account-services/documents/1098t-info.pdf. You are not required to report any of the information located on the 1098T on your tax return, but you may use this information to claim an Education Tax Credit.

Why didn't I receive a Form 1098T? Educational institutions are not required to issue a Form 1098T to: Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships or grants Nonresident alien students Any account with zero activity In addition, educational institutions are also not required to issue the forms to students for courses for which no academic credit is received. Therefore, tuition and fees billed for Continuing Education classes will not be reported on Form 1098T. The 1098T form provided by Rollins College includes activity for the period January 1 to December 31. Prior to 2018, Rollins College reported based on when tuition was billed no paid, so if a student only attended Rollins College in the spring, the form will most likely not include any charges billed. This is because spring term charges are billed in December and are included on the prior year’s 1098T form. Financial aid is also reported based on when it is posted to the account. Spring financial aid posts in January and will appear on next year's 1098T form in the Scholarship/Grants box.

How can I determine how much I paid? A student may send a request to to obtain detailed account information. The student will need to include their Rollins ID number and where the information should be sent. Please allow 48 hours for processing.

I lost my 1098T. Can I get another copy? The College will issue one original Form 1098T. In the event this form is misplaced or lost, the student may request a copy of Form 1098T by sending an e-mail to The student will need to include their Rollins ID number and where the 1098T copy should be sent. Please allow 48 hours for processing.

What is an Education Tax Credit? The Federal government currently has two Education Tax Credits available, the Hope Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. These credits are designed to reduce the income taxes paid by those students who pay their college tuition and fees. Each tax credit has different requirements which must be met before the credit may be claimed. You can find detailed information about claiming education tax credits in IRS Publication 970, and Tax Benefits for Education which may be obtained from the IRS website at or by phoning the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the credits may be used to reduce the amount of income tax you have to pay, however, only one credit may be used at a time and each has different eligibility requirements. The credits are computed on Form 8863 and are claimed on line 48 of the long form, Form1040 or on line 38 of the short form, Form 1040A. The credit may not be taken on Form 1040EZ. Generally, you may be eligible to claim education credits if: you pay qualified tuition and related expenses of higher education, you pay the tuition and related expenses for an eligible student, the eligible student is either yourself, your spouse or a dependent for whom you can claim an exemption on your tax return (for example, your dependent child Tuition paid for noncredit courses, or courses taken for personal interest generally will not qualify for either credit. In order to qualify for one of the available tax credits, the courses must be taken as part of a postsecondary degree program or to acquire or improve job skills. In addition, qualified educational expenses which are paid for by tax-free funds are not eligible for the credit. Therefore, if your tuition was paid entirely by Pell Grant, a tax-free scholarship or VA educational assistance, you will not be eligible for the credit. You may also obtain additional education tax credit information on our website by selecting the Tax Information option in the left-hand margin.

What expenses qualify for the credit? Tuition, fees and related expenses paid to the institution as a condition of enrollment or attendance are considered qualified expenses. Expenses for books and supplies generally do not qualify for the credit. More information about qualified expenses may be found in IRS Publication 970, and Tax Benefits for Education which is available from the IRS website at or by phoning the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

Who may I contact if I need assistance? You are urged to contact a tax professional, such as a licensed income tax preparer or Certified Public Accountant, to assist you with determining whether you are eligible to claim Education Tax Credits and to determine the amount of any credit for which you may be eligible. Alternatively, you may contact the Internal Revenue Service at or by phone at 1-800-829-1040. Representatives from Rollins College will not provide income tax advice.