Section Menu

Residential Life & Explorations

Residential Information

Living at Rollins will provide you daily opportunities for fun, bonding with new friends, and successfully transitioning to your next phase of life. From the moment you arrive, you will find resident assistants and hall directors in your residential facility to provide help, answer questions, and coordinate an active calendar of floor programs, campus activities, and available resources.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is Rollins experiencing a housing shortage? Can I still get housing on campus?
Increased enrollment over the past few years and a higher-than-expected number of current students who applied for on-campus housing have caused this unique housing challenge. We are committed to providing solutions for those who wish to live on campus. There are limited spots available for returning students. If returning students have questions about housing, they can contact RLE at 407.646.2649 or

I understand that if I’m approved for the special housing exemption, I’m not required to live on campus during my remaining time at Rollins. Do I have the option of returning to live on campus? 
Students interested in returning to live on campus following this year should go through the housing sign-up process in subsequent years.

Is there still a residency requirement? 
Rollins has temporarily relaxed our residency requirement for most students. Students living in their Residential Organization Hall or are Resident Assistants are not eligible for a Special Housing Exemption. Students who wish to live off-campus will be approved and have their residency requirement waived. We continue to explore additional off-campus partnerships and will share more information in the coming months. Students interested in returning to live on campus following this year should go through the housing sign-up process in subsequent years.

I'm interested in off-campus housing. What are my options?
If you wish to explore off-campus options, we have compiled a list of off-campus housing listings that can be found on the RLE (Residential Life & Explorations) website. Please note that Rollins is not affiliated with any of the listed properties. 

I don't know if I can afford to live off-campus; what do I do? 
Students should check with Financial Aid to see how their aid can be used living off campus. Parent loans and other aid may be available. Please contact or call 407-646-1863.

What about my financial aid package? Will it change?
Students can check with the Financial Aid office to see how their aid package may change depending on their specific situation and housing choice.  Please contact or call 407-646-1863. 

What is the cost of housing?  
Please check the "Rates and Amenities" tab for all rate information.

Can I ship my belongings to the College before my arrival?
Yes. Items can be sent to the College on or after two weeks prior to the fall semester starting to the following address:  

Student Name
Student Mail Box Number
1000 Holt Avenue  
Winter Park, FL 32789  

There should be no other information on the label.  It will be at Facilities Receiving when you arrive on campus.

What if I have a housing request based on medical, psychological or disability-related needs? The Office of Residential Life & Explorations is committed to achieving access and does not discriminate against persons with disabilities.  For more specific information, review the Housing Accommodation Guidelines.

What type of furniture does Rollins College provide?
Rooms are furnished with a dresser, closet or wardrobe, bed, desk and desk chair for each assigned occupant and a trash can and recycling bin for each room. These items cannot be removed from the room.

Who will clean the student rooms?  
Before check-in, the Facilities Services housekeeping staff will clean each room. After a student moves in, each resident is responsible for keeping his or her room clean.  

Are window blinds provided?  
Yes, each window has an installed horizontal blind.  

What is the size of a room? 
Due to the unique nature of our facilities, we do not have a standard room size. Below, however, is a listing of the typical room size.

Building              Type      Dimensions

Elizabeth            Double 13' x 17'

                          Single    9' x 16'

             Standard Triple  13' x 17'

                          Triple    16' x 17'

Ward                  Double 17' x 12'

                           Single    8' x 16'

                           Triple    11' x 25'

Rex Beach           Double 15' x 12'

                            Single    8' x 10'

Holt                     Single    9' x 14'

Does Rollins offer a moving and storage service? What is the size of the mattress?
All mattresses, for student comfort, are extra-long twins, measuring 80"x36" (with the exception of the full-size mattresses that are featured in Lakeside Neighborhood). To help avoid the frustration of purchasing linens that do not fit, Residential Life has arranged with a reputable company to provide linens at a reasonable cost that are specially made for extra-long mattresses. Information regarding linen will be mailed directly to you later this summer or you can order online at: Rollins Sponsored Linen Program

Where can residents do laundry? What is the cost? 
Each residence hall has a laundry room. Laundry machines have been provided at no additional cost.

Who is responsible for the residence halls?
The Office of Residential Life & Explorations is responsible for the overall operations of the residence hall system, including housing assignments, programming, hall opening, hall closing, etc. The Office of Residential Life & Explorations works closely with the Facilities Services to provide students with a comfortable living-learning environment. The Office of Facilities Management is responsible for the maintenance and housekeeping for our buildings.

Does the College insure a resident's personal belongings? 
No. The College is not liable for damages to or theft/loss of personal property, for the failure or interruption of utilities, or for injury to persons. Students must provide their own personal property insurance or ensure they are covered under their parent's homeowner's insurance policy. The College will not issue refunds for the failure or interruptions of utilities.  For your convenience, National Student Services, Inc. is the premier student personal property insurance provider in the United States. To get started, visit the National Student Services website or view the National Student Services brochure.

Yes, the only company we endorse is Rollins Moving Services. Visit the Rollins Moving Services webpage or contact them at for more information. 

When do the residence halls open and close? 
Please check out the Residential Life calendar. 

Are room changes permitted? 

Yes, following the first two weeks of each semester room changes are permitted. Residents, however, first must speak with their roommate and Resident Assistant or House Manager about their concerns. Typically the staff member can assist the residents by mediating and helping the students communicate with each other. If the problem persists or is deemed irreconcilable by staff, then the student may come to the Office of Residential Life to complete a room change form. A change will be approved only if housing vacancies warrant. 

What types of safety and security measures are provided in/around the residence halls?
All residence hall exterior doors are locked 24 hours a day. Students are always encouraged to lock their room doors. Room/hallway smoke detectors and building fire alarm systems help to ensure the safety of our residents. Campus Security routinely patrols campus and common living areas within the residence halls. Campus Security can be contacted 24 hours a day at 407.646.2999

What do students do in the event of a hurricane that requires sheltering? 
Rollins College does not provide shelter for residential students during hurricanes. All residential students are required to complete a hurricane preparedness plan prior to moving into their residence hall. Please see the Campus Safety website for up-to-date information. 

What to Bring

Below is a list of suggested items to bring for your room on campus.  Your actual needs may differ from the list below.  Be sure to contact your roommate to arrange who will be what of the larger items in the room.

Furnishings Provided for Each Resident: Extra-long bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, closet or wardrobe, and blinds

What to Bring

*If you have been vaccinated for COVID 19, it is recommended that you voluntarily bring your vaccination records with you to campus. 

Bed & Bath Items:
  • Sheets/pillowcases (Bring extra-long sheets)
  • Comforter
  • Blanket
  • Pillow(s)
  • Towels
  • Shower tote
  • Wastebasket
  • Soap & soap container
  • Hairdryer
  • Curling iron (if needed)
  • Shower shoes
  • Bathrobe
  • Cup

For added comfort, all mattresses (with the exception of beds in Lakeside Neighborhood) are "extra-long" twin size (36" x 80"). To help avoid the frustration of purchasing linens that do not fit each year the Office of Residential Life & Explorations arranges with a reputable company to provide linens at a reasonable cost that are specially made for extra-long mattresses. Please click this link for linens: Linens for Extra Long Mattresses

The Basics:
  • Backpack
  • School supplies
  • Calendar
  • Drawer organizer
  • Bulletin board
  • Dry erase board
  • Posters
  • Dictionary/thesaurus
  • Hangers
  • Copies of prescriptions (medications & glasses)
  • Umbrella/raincoat
  • Stamps & stationery
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Extra glasses/contacts
  • Small sewing kit
  • Small tool kit
  • Sports gear
  • Your personal identification documents (originals required for new hire paperwork if you plan to work on or off campus)

Electronics & Housewares

  • Reliable alarm clock
  • Telephone & cord  
  • Desk lamp
  • Fan
  • A surge protector (UL approved)
  • Flashlight/batteries
  • Stereo/radio/CD player
  • TV/DVD and cable cord
  • Video games
  • Computer
  • Refrigerator (4.0 cu. ft. or less)
  • Microwave (1.0 cu. ft. or less)
  • Coffee maker
  • Plates (1 or 2)
  • Cup and flatware (1 or 2 sets)
  • Storage containers
  • Iron/ironing board (small)
  • Laundry bag or basket
  • Laundry detergent—We strongly recommend HE (high-efficiency) type liquid detergent. It is specifically formulated for the front load washers.

You can ship belongings to the College, as long as they are timed to arrive no earlier than two weeks prior to the start of the fall semester. Send the items to the following address:

Your Name
Mail Box Number
1000 Holt Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789

Items not allowed in Residence Hall Rooms:

  • Large string lights that produce heat are not allowed.
  • Any LED lights that use adhesive backing are prohibited.
  • Cooking equipment with an exposed heating coil or which does not shut off automatically (toaster ovens, hot plates, woks, steam cookers, deep fryers, electric skillets, gas or charcoal grills, etc.)
  • Halogen lamps, electric heaters, or candles and incense (even if just for “decoration”)
  • Extension cords and multi-plug extenders/outlets
  • Ceiling fans
  • Wireless printers are prohibited (if you bring a printer for your room it must be hard wired)
  • Weapons of any kind including handguns, rifles, shotguns, firearms, knives, darts, archery equipment, B-B guns, fireworks, or anything that could be mistaken for one of these
  • Decorative alcohol container collections
  • Animals or pets (fish are the only animals allowed in student rooms)
  • Aquariums over 10 gallons
  • Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances or paraphernalia
  • Irreplaceable personal items or items of great value


  • Students are allowed to decorate their room in any way that does not permanently alter the room (i.e. using posters, rugs, plants, etc.). Students may not mount TVs.
  • Depending on which hall they are placed in, students will be permitted to use either small nails and pins or 3M removable tape, not both (see below for more information). 
    • When hanging things on concrete or stucco walls, students are permitted to use only 3m removable tape.
    • When hanging things on drywall, please use only small nails or push pins. 3m tape will damage the drywall and therefore is not permitted! (Pins and nails are not to be used on doors or door frames.)
  • Large cloth objects (fishnet, parachutes, flags, etc.) and posters are not permitted to be hung from or across the ceiling for fire safety reasons.
  • Students are not permitted to dismantle any College furniture, attach anything permanently to the walls, ceiling, or doors (including lofts, bunk beds, bookcases, wallpaper, and glued corkboards); paint walls or baseboards; trim furnishings, doors or anything metal.
  • Double-sided foam mounting tape is prohibited due to ensuing damage to walls and doors (painter's tape is recommended).
  • Students are not permitted to modify their room in any way that includes installing wallpaper, wallpaper borders or contact paper on walls or fixtures within the room.
  • Students cannot hang anything from ceiling pipes or electrical conduits.
  • A fine may be assessed if a room contains an extreme number of nail holes, tape scars, cracked plaster, etc. from mounting posters, plaques, pictures, etc. on the wall.

The following rules must also be observed:

  • Room doors may be decorated but room numbers must remain visible. Exit lights and fire extinguishers must always remain visible.
  • Fire doors must remain free of paper and any obstruction at all times.
  • Nothing may be hung from or in the way of fire alarm equipment.
  • Nothing may be hung outside of the window in a resident's room.
  • No live or previously live greenery (Christmas trees, garland, etc.) except regular house plants are allowed in either rooms or lobbies within the halls.
  • Decorations in common areas as well as in residents' rooms must not interfere with emergency exiting at any time.
  • Pins and nails are not to be used on doors or door frames.

Rates & Amenities

Housing Rates  


Housing Options Fall Term    Spring Term    Amount Total
Single $6,125 $6,125 $12,250
Double $4,925 $4,925 $9,850
Triple $4,260 $4,260 $8,520
Holt Single $5,125 $5,125 $10,250
Holt Double $3,925 $3,925 $7,850
Sutton 1 Bedroom $5,590 $5,590 $11,180
Sutton 2 Bedroom $5,190 $5,190 $10,380
Sutton Single (Only 3 Available) $6,390 $6,390 $12,780
Sutton 5-Person Apartment $4,250 $4,250 $8,500
Lakeside 1-person apartment (Limited available)    TBD TBD TBD
Lakeside Single $6,655 $6,655 $13,310
Lakeside Double $6,125 $6,125 $12,250

Click here for Housing Rates for 2022-2023


Meal Plan Rates

All residential students are required to have a meal plan. 

Click here for Dining Plan Requirements and Information 2022-2023

Click here for Dining Plan Requirements and Information 2023-2024

If you wish to request to be exempt from our live-on or meal plan requirements, please email us your request to These requests will be reviewed by a committee. Only requests with compelling individual circumstances will be approved.   



  • Cooking Kitchen facilities for limited cooking are available in most residence halls.
  • Bed Linens For added comfort, all mattresses (with the exception of the full-size mattresses that are featured in Lakeside Neighborhood) are "extra-long" twin size (36" x 80"). To help avoid the frustration of purchasing linens that do not fit each year the Office of Residential Life arranges with a reputable company to provide linens at a reasonable cost that are specially made for extra long mattresses. Please click the link below for linens: Rollins Sponsored Linen Program
  • Lofts: Most furniture provided in the residence hall rooms is loftable; however, Residential Life staff members are not allowed to loft the furniture for you. Additionally, all furniture will need to remain in the room during the year.
  • Lounge Spaces Lounges are furnished for students and their guests. 
  • Room Furniture Each room is furnished with a bed, desk, desk chair, dresser, wardrobe/closet, trash can and recycling bin. Students are responsible for maintaining all room furnishings in check-in condition and all furniture must remain within the room.
  • Security All residence halls are locked 24 hours a day. Students should not prop doors or lend keys/IDs to non-students. Lost or stolen keys and IDs should be reported immediately to the Office of Residential Life. There is a fee to replace keys and IDs.
  • Washers and Dryers For your convenience, laundry machines are provided at no additional cost.
  • Wireless Internet Wireless internet is available in all residence halls at no additional cost.

Policies, Procedures, and Maintenance

Policies & Procedures

Below are links to various resources concerning our policies. Any additional questions can be addressed to the Office of Residential Life.

Code of Community Standards 

Guide to Residence Hall Living

Missing Students

Indoor Air Quality


Maintenance staff members are assigned to each residence hall and are under the direction of Facilities Services. These individuals are a vital part of the residence hall community and perform a variety of daily functions to help maintain a safe, comfortable, functional, living and learning environment for residents.

The maintenance staff is responsible for maintaining the following:

  • Lights/light fixtures
  • Plumbing
  • AC/heat
  • Smoke detectors
  • Electrical
  • Appliances
  • Doors
  • Locks
  • Windows
  • Blinds

To make a maintenance request, fill out an online work order.


Off Campus Options

Below is a listing RLE put together intended to help interested students get started on their local rental hunt. Please be advised that we are not affiliated with any of these off campus locations.

  • Park Knowles Apartments
  • Indigo Winter Park Apartments
    • 220 S Semoran Blvd R. 436, Winter Park, FL 32792
    • (407) 809-8371