Section Menu

Academic Advising

Advising Resources

A guide to common Academic Advisor resources at Rollins College.

Access to Major Minor Map pdf's

Please use this link to access major-minor maps in pdf version. You will need to provide your Rollins log-in and password.

Finish-in-Four: Facts for Faculty Advisors - please use this link to access the Finish in Four FAQ pdf.

Advising Forms

Add/Drop Form

The manual add/drop form is used for students who need to add a course and need a prerequisite override or a class cap override. To get an override, a student will need the signature of the professor and their current pin number or the signature of their faculty advisor. If the course is also a foundation requirement the student will also need the signature of the Director of General Education.  The manual add/drop form is also used for a student trying to add/drop courses past the electronic add/drop period and the student’s pin number is not able to be used. 
Download Form (PDF)

Advising Session Synopsis

Advisors are encouraged to complete a synopsis of advising sessions in Degreeworks under the notes section. To write pencil notes, Advisors may use this form.
Download Form (PDF)

Change of Advisor

RCC advisors are an initial advisor to acclimate students to Rollins College. Advisees should change from an RCC advisor to their Major Advisor or the major they are exploring. This transition may happen as early as the end of the first semester but should be no later than the end of the second year. Students must request a Change of Advisor through Foxlink.

Change of Major

All students must complete one major with a major CUM GPA of 2.0+. Students must declare a Major no later than the end of their second year.
Access Online Form. Students must request a change of major through Foxlink. 

Change of Minor

Many advisees look for a minor to complement what they are learning in their major course of study or to broaden into another area of study. However, Advisees are not required to have a minor to graduate. Those advisees who are completing a minor must complete it with a minor CUM GPA of 2.0+.  Students must request a Change of minor through Foxlink.

Credit/No Credit Option

Many advisees would like to take a class that is of interest while not having the stress of a final grade. Once per year advisees can take a course that is not for their major or the general education curriculum for the purpose of learning. The advisee would just need to fill out this form before the add/drop period is over at the beginning of the semester to turn the class into a credit/no credit option. 

College Calendar

Rollins College 2019-2020 official calendar, which includes important advising dates.GPA Calculator
Access the Academic Calendar for 2019-2020

Major GPA calculator form

Cum GPA calculator and What if GPA possibilities are located in Degree Works

Finish-in-Four: Facts for Faculty Advisors

Curricular planning tool to help prospective and full-time students understand how to complete their education in four years. Download Form (PDF)

Four Year Plan

A pencil curriculum and co-curriculum plan that aligns and focuses on students' goals.
Download Form (PDF)

Graduation Success Statement

A vision statement that allows students to put their graduation goals into focus.

Download Form (PDF)

Last Day of Classes Credit/No Credit option

This form is for advisees who missed the withdraw without penalty deadline and would like to change a class into a credit/no credit option versus receiving a grade. An advisee may only use this option one time during their Rollins career. Access Online Form


Curriculum and Curricular Requirements

To be eligible for the Bachelor of Arts degree, a student must complete all curricular requirements as specified in the Catalogue upon which they entered Rollins College.
Learn More

Rollins College Foundation for Liberal Arts

For undergraduate students who entered Rollins College by Fall 2014 and transfer students who enter Rollins College Fall 2015 and beyond.

Foundations is designed to offer Rollins students an exemplary introduction to the liberal arts. Through the competencies and the divisional requirements, the students will be exposed to a broad array of disciplines and ways of thinking and understanding. The thematic nature of the neighborhoods will also help students learn to integrate knowledge and skills across classes, disciplines, and years. Learn More

General Education Curriculum

For undergraduate students who entered Rollins College before Fall 2014 and for transfer students who enter Rollins College before Fall 2015.

General education curriculum in the Liberal Arts exposes students to varied perspectives and domains of knowledge. Additionally, in keeping with the mission of the College of Liberal Arts, which is, in part, "to provide a rigorous liberal arts baccalaureate education of the highest quality," the general education curriculum exposes students to the ways various areas of knowledge may reinforce and enrich each other. Learn More

Majors and Minors

By majoring in at least one area of knowledge, students gain the depth necessary for disciplinary expertise. Students are required to complete one academic major with a major CUM GPA of a 2.0+ better. All students are required to declare their major no later than the end of the sophomore year. Learn More about majors Rollins College offers.
Download Major & Minor maps (PDF)


Students are required to complete 140 credit hours with a CUM GPA of a 2.0 or better. This averages to be 4-5 courses per semester. Learn More about the liberal arts courses we offer across the divisions.

Advising Technology

Degree Works

Degree Works is an advising, transfer articulation and degree audit program. Advisors utilize this program to review and plan degree requirements with students. DegreeWorks also functions as an academic planning tool, a GPA calculator, and the "what if" tab also allows students to select another major to analyze what would be required to complete the requirements of a different major.
Learn More


EAB is an advising tool. Advisors utilize this program to log advising notes, review current class schedules and communicate and set up appointments with students. 

Connect to EAB


Foliotek is a digital storage tool which allows students to collect, reflect on and process what they have learned at Rollins College.


FOCUS 2 is a digital interactive software which provides students with inventories designed to help students assess interests, skills, and personality type and how they match possible major and career choices.
Download PDF

Advising Glossary

Advising glossary of additional advising knowledge and resources for Academic Advisors

Academic Appeals

Appeals for any exceptions to an academic policy as stated in the Academic Catalogue should be submitted by students after consulting their faculty advisor. Grade Appeals are not submitted through this link. Learn More

Academic Honor Code

An advisee may ask for guidance on walking through an honor code inquiry. Please refer to the entire Academic Honor code for additional information.
Learn More

Academic Warning

Academic warnings are sent via campus e-mail to the student, faculty advisor, and the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts office. Students receiving warnings are directed to meet with their faculty advisor, to discuss issues of concern, strategies for improvement, and other options including additional support or resources, withdrawal from courses or exercise of the last day Late Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) option.
Learn More

Academic Probation

Students who fail to meet minimum academic standards at the end of any term are placed on academic probation, academic suspension, or are dismissed permanently from the College. Students on academic probation are required to enroll in a minimum academic load of twelve (12) semester hours and may not normally withdraw from a course nor take a course on a credit/no-credit basis.
Learn More

Double Dip Rule

Students may use one class to be counted for both the major and the foundations curriculum (general education) divisional course at the 200 level, (rFLA 200) as a divisional exception. To learn more about divisional exceptions please fill out this form with your advisor.

Students may use one or more courses to fulfill a general education competency and a major. To learn more about courses that count both for a general educaion competency and a major course please consult your academic advisor.

Grade Appeals

Advisees wishing to appeal a grade will first consult with the instructor to determine whether an error has been made or the instructor wishes to reconsider the grade.
Learn More

Graduation Petition Process

Advisees will need to petition to graduate the two terms before graduation.
Learn More

Honor Code Violation

An advisor may at times have to guide an advisee through the Honor Code Violation process or be asked to give input.
Learn More

Leave from Rollins College

An advisee may express the desire to explore options to leave Rollins College either temporarily or permanently. Please direct the advisee to the Dean of Student Affairs office.
Learn More