Section Menu

Property Management

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to your frequently asked questions about faculty housing, MBA graduate housing, and maintenance.

Faculty Housing FAQs

Who is eligible for faculty housing? Full-time, tenure-track faculty (CLA and Crummer) and short-term VAS appointments are eligible for the College Housing Program. Eligibility is extended to senior staff members during transitional periods for placement in college-owned housing, to the extent available.

When do you start leasing for the upcoming semester? The faculty townhomes are leased on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited. All interested parties must fill out the Faculty Housing Application and you will be contacted by the Residential Property Manager shortly. Lease renewals are limited to a three-year tenancy to allow for new eligible tenants.

Is there a waiting list? Yes, contact the property manager for further information.

Do you do short-term leases? Generally, we do not offer short-term leases. Only incoming VAS appointments are subject to short-term leases and are approved by the Dean of Faculty’s Office. All short-term leases (defined in the State of Florida as leases less than six months and one day) are subject to applicable taxes, which comprise of sales tax of 6%; local option tax of .5%; and tourist development tax a.k.a “bed tax” of 6.5%, totaling 12.5% on top of the base rent charge. Generally, we offer 12-month leases.

Is there an application fee required? There is no application fee required at this time.

How much security deposit is required? The security deposit is equal to one month's rent and is required to secure a townhome.

What do I have to do to get my security deposit back? Included in each lease is a security deposit clause that lays out all of the requirements to receive your deposit back at the end of your lease term.

How do I set up my mailbox? Bring a copy of your signed lease to the Winter Park Post Office. They will assign a box and issue a key. At the end of the lease term, don’t forget to forward your mail and return your key to the post office.

Can I have pets? Refer to the Pet Policy for further information on rules and fees.

How do I get out of my lease? Contact the Residential Property Manager who will discuss on an as-needed basis. Typically, tenants that break the lease will be subject to forfeit their security deposit. Persons terminating their employment with Rollins College must vacate their accommodations within thirty (30) days following termination of their employment.

Please refer to the Faculty Housing Program for further leasing information.

Maintenance FAQs

What do I do if I have a maintenance problem? You may call our office at 407-691-1728 to report any maintenance issue. Or you may fill out the maintenance request form.

What is considered an emergency? Refer to the emergency maintenance request guidelines. After-hour lock-outs are charged $10.

What happens if I have I have an emergency after hours? Call our office number at 407-691-1728 and you will be connected to our answering service. One maintenance technician is on call at all times and will respond in case of an emergency.

What if I lock myself out of my apartment? Tenants who get locked out of their rental units may come to the Property Management office during normal business hours for a duplicate key to borrow and return. At all other times, tenants should contact the Property Management office to be let into their rental. Tenants must be prepared to show proper identification to campus security and a $10 lock-out charge is applied. For MBA apartment key replacements, a $50 lost key fee will apply.

What do I do if my toilet overflows? Immediately turn the toilet off by closing the valve on the wall behind the toilet. Call the office and someone will discuss the problem and send the appropriate repairman.

What to do if I have brown water? If you have brown or smelly water coming out of your faucets, it is most likely due to the city performing some sort of water main repair in the area. If you have questions, call your water provider. Otherwise, give it a few hours and try it again. It may take you running a faucet 5-10 minutes to run all the discolored water out of your unit lines.

Will I be charged for a maintenance call? We do not bill back for maintenance matters, but do ask that you attempt to make a minor repair prior to reporting an issue.

What happens if my garbage disposal is not working? Call us and we will talk you through the procedure for resetting the disposal. If that does not fix the problem we will send out a repairman. Just remember that if you put something in the disposal that has locked it up you will be charged for the service call.

What do I do if the lights don't work in my bathroom? Many times a hair dryer may trip the circuit. Look on the outlet of that bathroom (it may be in the other bathroom) and push the reset button on the ground fault circuit. If that does not fix the problem, call the office and turn in a work order.

If there something else you need to know that is not found on the Maintenance How Tos list, just e-mail us at and we'll get back to you.