Community Standards & Responsibility


Code of Community Standards

Rollins College is an educational environment dedicated to fostering intellectual achievement, personal development, and social responsibility. The Community Standards and Responsibility system is an integral part of our educational process. While a college education is primarily academic and intellectual in nature, it also includes the development of values that translate into responsible behavior. To maintain standards that contribute to the intellectual and moral development of students that ensure the welfare of the college community, Rollins College establishes this Code of Community Standards.

Read the Code

Responsible Action Protocol

Rollins College recognizes that fear of the student conduct process may prevent students from seeking medical attention for an alcohol or drug related medical emergency.  The health and well-being of our students is our primary concern; therefore, we have developed a Responsible Action Protocol.

The Responsible Action Protocol is a joint effort among the following offices:

  • The Dean of Students Office
  • Community Standards & Responsibility
  • The Office of Campus Safety
  • The Wellness Center
  • The Office of Residential Life & Explorations
  • The Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life
  • The Center for Inclusion & Campus Involvement

The Responsible Action Protocol is designed to provide students with amnesty from the hearing process for alcohol or drug related emergencies in which they seek medical attention.  It does not apply to any other policy violations (i.e. providing alcohol to minors, damage to property, sexual misconduct), nor does it protect students from arrest or legal action by any law enforcement agency.  If a student is suspected to be selling, manufacturing, or distributing alcohol or other controlled substances, the College reserves the right to revoke a student’s ability to utilize the Responsible Action Protocol.

Students who seek assistance for an alcohol or drug related medical emergency will not be charged with an alcohol or illegal substances violation of The Code of Community Standards.  In order to use the Responsible Action Protocol, a student must seek medical assistance, participate in a meeting with a conduct educator, and agree to comply with the conditions set by the conduct educator.  If the conditions are met, the incident will not become part of the student’s conduct record.  If the conditions are not met, the student’s case will then go through the hearing process and the case will become a part of their conduct record.

Every Rollins student has a responsibility to care for one another; therefore, this protocol also applies to individual students who seek help for another student in need.  This will allow students who may also be under the influence to care for each other without worry of being charged with a violation of The Code of Community Standards themselves.  Students who seek help for one another may also have to meet certain conditions through Community Standards & Responsibility.

Student organizations that are hosting a social event are expected to call for medical assistance if an alcohol or drug related medical emergency occurs during the social event.  This act of responsibility will be considered a mitigating factor when potential conduct consequences are being considered.  Student organizations do not automatically qualify for use of the Responsible Action Protocol.

It is the expectation of Rollins College that the Responsible Action Protocol will only be used once during a student’s tenure at Rollins.  Any subsequent requests for use of the Responsible Action Protocol will be at the discretion of the Dean of Student Affairs or designee.

Frequently Asked Questions about RAP

Will my parents be notified? The College typically notifies parents when their student is transported to the hospital for an alcohol or drug related medical emergency.  Parental notification is not designed to be punitive; rather, to enable parents to assist their child.

I got help for an alcohol or drug related medical emergency. What happens next? You will be contacted by a member of the Division of Student Affairs, typically in the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility, with information about the protocol and how to schedule a meeting with them.  It is your responsibility to schedule and attend this meeting.  After your meeting, you will be given conditions that you must meet. 

What are typical conditions that students must meet? While each case is different, common conditions may include BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening Intervention for College Students), group participation in CAPS, or an off campus substance abuse evaluation.

What is the difference between conditions and sanctions? Sanctions are issued when a student has been found responsible for a violation of The Code of Community Standards through the hearing process.  Sanctions are a part of a student’s conduct record and if not completed may result in a hold being placed on a student’s account.  This is not the case with conditions. Conditions are tasks that a student chooses to complete in order to use the responsible action protocol. If the conditions are not met, the student will be referred to the hearing process within the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.

Why are there conditions that students must meet to use the responsible action protocol? Rollins is concerned for the safety and well being of all students.  The responsible action protocol was designed so students are not afraid to get the medical attention that they need.  Because of our concern for our students’ health and well being and our desire to help students learn from their mistakes, we require students to meet certain conditions in order to use the protocol. 

Why are incidents involving organizations handled differently than individual students? Student organizations are held to higher standards because of the guidelines associated with their registration as an organization.  Most organizations also have organizational expectations for behavior (for example, national or local governing boards).  There may also be other factors associated with the social event that need to be considered (such as providing alcohol to underage students and adherence to the Event Guidelines), which is why student organizations do not automatically qualify for use of the responsible action protocol.

Does having a responsible action protocol mean that Rollins encourages students to drink? No. We recognize that sometimes students make unhealthy choices when it comes to alcohol and other drugs. Students are expected to seek medical assistance for themselves or their peers when it is needed. 

Guide to Residence Hall Living

As a student at Rollins, you will experience countless opportunities to learn outside of the classroom.  This includes the experiences you will have in your residence hall.  Living at Rollins means not only fun and bonding with new friends, but also personal growth and development as you transition to the next phase of your life.  In an effort to guide students through their residential experience, the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility and the Office of Residential Life & Explorations have created the Guide to Residence Hall Living.

The philosophy behind The Guide to Residence Hall Living is to promote a safe, inclusive, and well-maintained learning environment for its students.  Simply put, its purpose is to set expectations for how you can be a good neighbor.


Students must maintain their rooms and common areas in a clean and healthful condition that meet the standards of the Office of Residential Life & Explorations.  The following conditions must be met to maintain a clean environment:

  1. Students should not create a condition where insects, rodents, or other pests become present. Some examples include, but are not limited to, failure to properly dispose of food waste, poor storage of food, etc.
  2. Students should not place/throw their trash near or on any doors, windows, balconies, porches, in the hall, etc.  Students should properly sweep, throw, or dispose of their waste in a trash can.
  3. Once a student moves out of their room, the room must be left in “broom clean” condition.  This means that all personal furniture, belongings, rubbish, trash, food, or other items must be removed from the room and common areas.

In order to avoid mildew growth, it is important to prevent excessive moisture build-up in your room/common area.  You should notify the Office of Residential Life & Explorations immediately upon discovering any water leakage from the roof, a pipe, or any other hall component.  In order to prevent moisture build-up, you should:

  1. Use appropriate climate control in your room/common area to prevent the growth of mildew.
  2. Not tamper with pre-set lower and upper limits on the air-conditioning units.
  3. Not block any heating, ventilation, or air-conditioning ducts.


Rollins College provides its residents with college furnishings in their rooms, common areas, and lounges.  It is important to note that College furnishings may not be removed from any student room or placed on balconies.  Also, College-owned furniture that has been placed in common areas or lounges may not be removed for personal use, as it is intended for use by all residents and guests.  Violators will be charged a $100 fee, required to return the furniture within 24 hours to the appropriate location, and be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.

For safety concerns, students are not allowed on any roof of any campus building and are not allowed to do any renovations, construction, or modifications to any buildings or surrounding grounds without prior approval from the Residential Life & Explorations and Facilities Management offices.  This policy also applies to organizations of the College.


Students are responsible for care of assigned rooms and furnishings.  Damage to residence halls and individual residence hall rooms should be reported to the Residential Life & Explorations and Facilities Management offices.  Charges may be assessed for damages to, unauthorized use of, or alterations to rooms, furnishings, or buildings, and for special cleaning due to improper care of rooms or furnishings.

Students will also be held financially responsible for any missing or damaged furnishings in their rooms after they move out.  It is the student’s responsibility to lock their doors after their final check-out to assure that there are no thefts or vandalism in their rooms after they leave.  If damages are found in a student room, the student will be billed for the damages and that cost will be added to their student account.

Students are also responsible for care of public areas and furnishings.  Public areas are defined as hallways, stairwells, lounges, kitchens, bathrooms, pools, etc.  If damage is found in a public area of a residence hall, “common-billing” charges may be added to the residents of a section, wing, floor, or entire building (as appropriate).  Common damage charges will be divided equally amongst residents of the particular area, as stated in the Housing Agreement. 


We encourage for students to personalize and decorate their rooms, but to do so in a way that is safe and does not damage the space.  Below are some guidelines to follow when decorating your room:

  1. Students may not paint their room or common areas.
  2. Waterbeds are not permitted in the residence halls due to the weight and high risk of potential water damage.
  3. Room modifications, including, but not limited to, the installation of window air-conditioning units, ceiling fans, dimmer switches, or removal of College carpet is prohibited.
  4. College-owned, loftable furniture must be left in some form of bed configuration upon room check-out.
  5. Students living in buildings with drywall may hang items on their room walls with small nails and thumbtacks.  Students living in buildings with plaster walls may hang items on their room walls with mounting tape.

If students have questions about room decorations, they should contact the Office of Residential Life & Explorations at 407-646-2649.


Fires pose a serious safety concern on college campuses.  It is the College’s expectation that all students follow the below guidelines for fire safety:

  1. Student rooms are equipped with individual smoke detectors and sprinklers.  Hot air, smoke, or aerosols directed toward the smoke detector may set off the alarm.  If you activate or hear a smoke detector going off in a student room, immediately contact Campus Safety at 407-646-2999.
  2. Powers tools and electrical kitchen appliances including popcorn poppers, hot plates, toasters/ovens, and indoor grills (such as a George Foreman) are not allowed in the traditional residence halls.  Coffee pots, microwaves, and refrigerators not exceeding 4.5 cubic feet are allowed in student rooms.  Items that are against policy will be confiscated until they can be removed from campus.
  3. Sutton residents are allowed to have electrical kitchen appliances in their kitchens, but cooking devices are not permitted on Sutton balconies.  If a student has a George Foreman grill in Sutton, the grill should be counter-top size.  Items that are against policy will be confiscated until they can be removed from campus.
  4. Devices using an open flame such as candles, camping stoves, grills, fondue pots, incense, and gas lanterns are not permitted in or around the residence halls.  Charcoal grills are allowed on campus in designated areas.
  5. No containers of flammable liquids or volatile toxic materials like gasoline, kerosene, or propane are allowed in the residence halls.  Flammable items such as paper, drapes, or tapestries may not be used as wall and/or ceiling coverings.  Decorations, including holiday trees/branches, should be made of material that is not flammable.  Due to the fire hazard, only artificial holiday trees are allowed in the residence halls.  All holiday decorations must comply with fire safety guidelines and should not cause permanent damage to buildings, fixtures, or furnishings.  All holiday decorations must be removed prior to residence hall closing at the end of the semester.
  6. Halogen floor lamps are not allowed, as they pose a serious fire safety concern due to the intense heat that is generated by the high wattage bulb.
  7. Smoking, vaping, and use of electronic cigarettes is not allowed in or around any residential area, including, but not limited to individual rooms, hallways, stairwells, courtyards, and common areas.  Smoking is only permitted in the designated campus smoking areas.  A map of those areas can he found here.
  8. The Florida Fire Prevention Code and State of Florida Electrical Code only allow extension cords with integrated UL approved overcurrent protection (surge protector) for use within residence halls.  All other types of extension cords are not allowed.
  9. In compliance with the Florida Life Safety Code, all student room doors are self-closing.
  10. Items including furniture and lofts must not interfere with access to room doors and windows.
  11. When a building alarm sounds, all students must vacate the residence hall.  Rooms may be inspected by Campus Safety, Residential Life & Explorations, and Winter Park Emergency Personnel.  No one may re-enter the hall until the chief fire official present has secured the building and given permission to enter the building.  Scheduled fire drills will occur twice a year in conjunction with the Winter Park Fire Department and Campus Safety.  Students should treat all fire alarms as if they are real, and if a student is found to not have exited a building, he/she may be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.
  12. Students responsible for false alarms, either through negligence, vandalism, or a prank are subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility, a fine imposed by the Fire Department, a $100 College fee, and applicable expenses such as clean up, recharging a fire extinguisher, etc.
  13. No student may disengage or reset any alarm enunciator panel or tamper with and/or misuse any fire safety equipment, including but not limited to, alarms, alarm covers, hoses, and extinguishers.  This is considered a felony offense and all reported cases of misuse may be reported to the Winter Park Police and Fire Departments.


A guest is defined as an individual not residing within a particular room/building.  Residents are able to have guests visit them in the residence halls according to the following guidelines:

  1. Guests are not permitted unless all roommates consent to them being there.
  2. Residents may have a guest stay in campus housing a total of three days in any given thirty-day period.  Guests staying in excess of three days in any given thirty-day period must be approved by the Office of Residential Life & Explorations.
  3. A student host is responsible for the actions of his or her guest while they are on campus.  Therefore, a student host will be charged under the Visitors policy of the Code of Community Standards if his or her guest violates College policy.
  4. Guests must be escorted by their student host and are expected to abide by all campus policies.


All residential students are bound by the terms and conditions of the Residence Hall Housing Agreement and the specific building guidelines/requirements.  If you have any questions regarding the Housing Agreement, please contact the Office of Residential Life & Explorations at 407-646-2649.


Rollins College does not provide shelter for residential students during hurricanes. All residential students are required to complete a hurricane preparedness plan prior to moving into their residence hall.  Please see the Campus Safety website for up-to-date information.


A student’s room shall be occupied as the student’s primary residence.  No business of any kind should be conducted in or from the room, hall, or property.

Students should not make any unlawful, dangerous, or offensive use of their room, hall, or property.  They also should not cause interference with another student’s rights, comfort, and safety while they are in their room, hall, or property, nor make use of the room, hall, or property other than as a private residence.


Below is information that does not fit into one of the specified categories, but is still important to know.

  1. Some student rooms have balconies.  Balconies are not to be used for cooking, smoking, storage, or to dry/display clothing, signs, etc.  Just like your front door should always be locked, balcony doors should remain locked when not in use.  Balconies must not be used for room access.  If a student is found to be using the balcony improperly, the Office of Residential Life & Explorations, Community Standards & Responsibility, or the Dean of Students Office may determine that the balcony be temporarily or permanently locked.
  2. Signage (signs, posters, etc.) can only be placed in approved/appropriate areas as determined by the Office of Residential Life & Explorations.
  3. Bicycles must be kept in student rooms or on college provided bike racks.  Bicycles stored or locked in public areas such as stairwells, hallways, lounges, etc. will be removed and stored at the owner’s expense for 30 days.  If the bicycle is not claimed after 30 days it will be donated to charity.  Bicycles left on bike racks at the end of the school year will be removed and stored at the owner’s expense for 30 days.  If bicycles are not claimed by the owner within 30 days, they will be considered abandoned and donated to charity.
  4. Skateboards, roller blades, and cleats need to be removed prior to entering a residence hall. These items cause uneven wear and damage the floors and carpet.  
  5. Due to fire safety concerns, hoverboards and other similar items are also not allowed.
  6. Metal-tipped darts and dartboards are prohibited.
  7. Outdoor TV/radio antennas or dishes are not permitted.


Consideration of others and mutual respect are among the most important ingredients for successful residence hall living.  Noise levels which negatively affect study, sleep, or other activities will not be tolerated regardless of the time of day.  It is the responsibility of all residents to be considerate of their neighbors to maintain a conducive environment for academic and personal success.  

  1. Minimum quiet hours have been set between 10:00PM-8:00AM during the week (Sunday through Thursday), and 12:00AM-10:00AM on the weekends (Friday-Saturday).  Consideration hours are in effect during the times not designated as quiet hours.  24-hour quiet hours will be in effect during all final exam periods.
  2. The use of musical instruments (electric guitars, drums, etc.) is subject to the guidelines listed above.  Practice rooms for instruments are available for student use in Keene Hall.

Frequent violators, after notification from the Senior Director of Residential Life & Explorations or Community Standards & Responsibility, may have their housing privileges revoked immediately for further violation of the noise policy.


Rollins College has set the requirement that all full-time students who are not enrolled in Holt or Crummer with less than 60 semester hours or two years of full-time on-campus residency must live on-campus.  The Office of Residential Life & Explorations will meet the requests of upper-class students for housing within the limits of residential requirements, capacity, and conditions of the Housing Agreement.

Residence halls remain open during fall, Thanksgiving, and spring breaks, but are closed for the winter break holiday period.  Residence halls will also be open for registered intercession students.  Only students who receive prior approval from the Office of Residential Life & Explorations as a result of College employment (College Office must officially request), individual extenuating circumstances, or athletic team commitment (Athletic Office must officially request) may reside in the residence halls before/after the official dates of the Housing Agreement, including winter break.  Requests should be communicated via email to the Associate Director of Residential Life & Explorations. 

Students who do not meet early move-in criteria, but have extenuating circumstances must request and receive permission in writing from the Office of Residential Life & Explorations to move in early.  Requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.  Approved early move-ins will be subject to a $75 administrative fee or the daily room rate (based on the student’s room type) for each night prior to official move-in dates, whichever is greater.  Students attempting to move in early without receiving prior approval will be required to vacate immediately and be charged a minimum of a $75 administrative fee in addition to being subjected to being documented and referred to the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.


The College is not liable for damages to or any theft/loss of personal property, as well as for any failure or interruption of utilities or for injury to persons.  The College will not issue any refunds for the failure or interruptions of utilities.

It is important to note that students must provide their own personal property insurance or make sure they are covered under their parent/guardians’ homeowner’s insurance policies.


Pets can pose a problem inside a residence hall because of sanitation, pest control, allergies, and noise.  Due to these concerns, pets other than fish in small aquariums are not allowed in the residence halls.  If a student is found to have a pet that doesn’t meet the criteria mentioned above, the student will be assessed for an initial $100 fee and may be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.  If the pet is not removed immediately, an additional $25 per day fee will be assessed and the student will be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.

Students are also responsible for the actions of their guests and will be held accountable if a guest brings a pet inside the residence hall.  It is important to note that the responsible resident(s) will be expected to pay for any extermination costs incurred.

To keep a service or support animal in College housing, a student must have prior written consent from the Office of Accessibility Services.  More information regarding the Service Animal policy can be found here.


Students may not change rooms without approval from the Office of Residential Life & Explorations.  Room and roommate change requests may be made to the Office of Residential Life & Explorations 14 days after the first day of classes.  It is important to note that room changes are limited by available spaces and cannot be guaranteed.

Students must first speak with their Resident Assistant or House Manager before requesting a change.  It is the responsibility of the student who initiates the room change to inform his/her roommate that he/she would like to move out.  Students who are approved for a room change must make the move within 48 hours after receiving approval.  The move entails checking out of the originally assigned room with the Resident Assistant or House Manager, completing the room inventory form, and returning the room key.  Students who do not follow this procedure may be charged a $75 fee and be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.

If a student is going through the Title IX or Community Standards & Responsibility processes, they may be reassigned or removed from housing as a result of a sanction.


Specific instructions for the end of the semester and/or end of the year check-out are distributed to all residents before they move-out.  A Residential Life & Explorations staff member must inspect your room prior to your leaving.  Failure to follow these guidelines will result in a minimum $75 improper check-out fee and the student may be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.

Regardless if a student moves out during or at the end of the year, they must leave their rooms “broom clean” and free of any trash or other personal belongings/furniture.  Students who have room damages, fail to properly clean their rooms, or remove personal items/furniture and/or fail to return their keys at the time of their departure will be charged by the Office of Residential Life & Explorations and may be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.  When appropriate, bills will be split between roommates.


In order to accommodate requests for campus housing, students living alone in double rooms may be required to move into one room together.  If space is not needed, the option to keep this room with a vacancy for the current semester will only be offered at an increased rate.  The Office of Residential Life & Explorations will help you determine if there is available space.  If it is determined by the Office of Residential Life & Explorations that residents are rejecting all potential roommates regardless of compatibility, students will either be consolidated or charged an increased rate.


Residents will be notified in advance if College officials need to access their rooms for maintenance, but there are circumstances where entry into a room may occur without notice if there is a student welfare concern, or there is reasonable suspicion that College policy or law is being or has been violated.  All visible violations of College policy or local, state, or federal law will be documented.


Lost or stolen keys should be immediately reported to the Residential Life & Explorations and Campus Safety offices.  Students will be charged a $50 fee for core lock changes and for their new keys.  Students locked out of their rooms will be assessed a $10 fee to have a Campus Safety staff member unlock their room.

Lost or stolen R-cards need to be re-issued through Campus Safety.  Campus Safety charges for a replacement R-card.

When students lend or give away their keys or R-cards, it can have major repercussions when it comes to safety and security, therefore it is prohibited.  If a student is found to be doing this they may be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility.


The Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, the Dean of Students, or a designee may authorize a search of a student’s room in a residence hall by members of the College in order to determine compliance with federal, state, and local criminal law or College policy where there is a reasonable basis to believe that a violation has occurred or is taking place.

The Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, the Dean of Students, or a designee shall authorize a room search in writing.  The student(s) involved will receive written notice within 7 days after the search.  At the time of the search, the College official must state the reason for the search.  Any search authorization may be reviewed by the Vice President for Student Affairs upon the request of the involved student(s).  The purpose of such review is (a) to determine that the individual’s rights were observed, and (b) to assure that the authorization was well-founded.  For example, authorization to search a room for stolen property would be considered well-founded and would not prevent punitive measures being taken on the basis of evidence accidentally uncovered which revealed another offense.  If the Vice President for Student Affairs determines that the authorization was improper, then nothing uncovered or seized during the search shall be used as evidence before a conduct educator in the student conduct process.  However, stolen property will be returned to its rightful owner(s).

When a search of a student’s room has been authorized, it should be done in the presence of that student or the students in question whenever possible.  In the absence of the student, a note will be left inside the room, informing the student of the room search and directing them to contact the Campus Safety Office immediately upon their return.

Both a Campus Safety Officer and a professional member of the Dean of Student Affairs staff (typically a staff member in Residential Life & Explorations) will conduct the search.

The Residence Hall Agreement expressly allows college officials the authority to conduct a search of a student’s room.  It is at the discretion of Campus Safety, if a violation of Florida State law or Federal law is identified during the course of the search, that the police or other appropriate governmental agency may be contacted.


Creating and maintaining a safe community is everyone’s responsibility.  In order to preserve this safe community, cameras are in place at many residence hall entrances/exits.  In addition, all entrance/exit doors of all residence halls will be kept locked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Propping doors and/or pulling/forcing exterior doors open jeopardize the safety and security of the entire community and violators may be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of Community Standards & Responsibility, with the possibility of immediate termination of their Housing Agreement.

Students should always carry their IDs and keys on them at all times.  Unlocked doors contribute to theft, so students should lock their doors for their own safety and security.  Additionally, students should not open doors or allow entry into the residence halls to individuals who do not have an entrance key/ID.  Students must make arrangements to meet any delivery personnel at the entrance of their building.

As mandated by the Winter Park Fire Department, Life Safety Inspections will be conducted every month.  Life Safety Inspections consist of a Residential Life & Explorations staff member checking every residence hall room for potential health and safety violations.  Residential Life & Explorations staff will post signs stating the date/time of these inspections with at least 24 hours in advance.  Residential Life & Explorations staff, however, are authorized to conduct Life Safety Inspections if the resident is not present. 


Solicitation in the residence halls requires approval from the Senior Director of Residential Life & Explorations.  The following guidelines will be used:

  1. Door-to-door solicitation of any type by non-Rollins groups is not permitted in the residence halls.
  2. The Office of Residential Life & Explorations and the Center for Inclusion & Campus Involvement must approve any presentations by nonprofit organizations in residence hall common areas.  These presentations may not infringe upon the rights of the residents living in that building.
  3. Events hosted by students in their rooms with the intent of promoting or selling a company’s products must be approved in advance by the Office of Residential Life & Explorations.  The office has the right to research the company for legitimacy.


The Sutton pool is for Sutton residents and their guests, and guests must be accompanied by a Sutton resident at all times.  Residents and their guests may only use the pool during pool hours, must clean up after themselves, and must follow all posted signs.  Alcohol and smoking are not permitted in the pool area, as well as diving or jumping off of the deck or water feature.  All Rollins College and Residential Life & Explorations policies apply to the pool area.


The College has the right to temporarily relocate a resident to comparable housing in the event that repairs or improvements need to be made to a room, hall, or property and the repair or improvement cannot be made unless the resident is relocated.  The resident may be relocated during the time required to make the repair/improvement, or until the work is complete.


All windows must remain closed when air conditioning units are operating in the residence halls.  Also, window screens and blinds cannot be unhooked or removed from the windows for any reason.

Alcohol beverage containers, signs, posters, flags, etc. that can be seen from outside the building are not allowed on residence hall windows/sills.  Signs, posters, flags, and other items may not be hung outside the residence hall windows without prior approval from the Office of Residential Life & Explorations.