Section Menu

Student Account Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to your most frequently asked questions.

What forms of payment do you accept? Acceptable forms of payment include check, money order, cashier’s check, or wire. Credit card payments (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express) are accepted via the FoxPay Online Billing and Payment System. Learn more

May I pay by credit card over the telephone? Credit card payments are only accepted via the FoxPay Online Billing and Payment System.

Can I use my R-card to purchase my books? All students may use available Tar Buc$ funds to purchase books. Bookstore purchases may also be charged to the student account for College of Liberal Arts students only. A bill, including bookstore charges, will be available monthly in FoxPay. Bookstore charges are deducted from any credit balance on the account before a refund check is issued. 

How can I use my financial aid to purchase books? Students with excess financial aid may transfer up to a maximum of $1,000 per term prior to their financial aid refund to the Tar Buc$ account to purchase books in the campus bookstore. Learn more 

Where do I obtain proof of enrollment for insurance purposes? Enrollment verification is provided by the National Student Clearinghouse. Only currently registered students can access their enrollment verifications (certificates) hereIf you need a "good standing" verification, please use your unofficial transcripts which is accessed in MyRollins. Learn more

When will my financial aid funds be applied and when will I receive my refund check? Funds are disbursed by the Financial Aid department after the start of the term, usually at the end of add/drop. Refunds generated by financial aid are not available until after enrollment has been confirmed. Learn more

Why is my account on hold? Holds are placed on accounts for various reasons. A student may have a hold for a past due balance or if the balance is not fully covered by financial aid or a monthly payment plan.  Learn more

Why was I charged a late fee? Late fees are assessed each month your account has a past-due balance of $200 or greater. Learn more

If I have a deferment form, may I receive a refund of my financial aid funds? Financial aid funds are applied to the account balance first. A student is only eligible for a refund if the account has a credit balance. If a student has a deferment form from an employer, the student may retain the funds when received from their employer.

Why is the amount of my refund check less than what was requested? Any charges due on your account at the time of refund are deducted from your credit prior to the issuance of the refund check. Current charges/credits are available in FoxPay.

Can I request a refund from my Tar Buc$ account? Tar Buc$ accounts funds are only refundable upon separation from the college.

How can I use my Work-Study to pay my balance? Work-study agreements may be signed with an Accounting Assistant in the Student Account Services Office. The student must obtain an assignment before completing a work-study agreement. The student must appear at the Student Account Services office to endorse the check to be applied to their student account. Students are required to sign over a work-study check at least once during the month to avoid the monthly late payment fee.

How do I use Florida Prepaid? Florida Prepaid participants must complete a Transfer Authorization with Florida Prepaid. Learn more

How much does Florida Prepaid pay to Rollins? The College will invoice Florida Prepaid up to 15 credit hours for the fall and spring semesters, unless the account holder or beneficiary notifies us otherwise. Florida Prepaid pays based on the type of plan you have and rates established for the year.  Learn more

Can I transfer alternative loan funds to my Tar Buc$ account? Alternative loan funds are not available to students until the check is received from the alternative lender. If the student has a credit balance from other financial aid, those funds may be transferred to the Tar Buc$ account. A Liberal Arts student can charge books to their account if the College has received confirmation of the alternative loan funds and the loan will cover the balance for the term. Return to Top Form 1098T and Education Tax Credits.