At Rollins, we value and embrace multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusion in our pursuit of academic excellence, global citizenship, and responsible leadership. We view the following principles as fundamental elements of our mission:
- We affirm the value of human diversity because it enriches our intellectual lives and our community.
- We celebrate the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect.
- We reject all forms of prejudice and discrimination, including those based on sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- We take individual and collective responsibility for helping to eliminate bias and discrimination and for increasing our own understanding of these issues throughout the Rollins community.
Committed to Diversity
We have an active Diversity Council and several other diversity-related organizations that promote multicultural awareness and inclusiveness and engage in educational programming, community building, and advocacy.
The Diversity Advisory Council seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Strategic Planning
Rollins’ mission requires the College to educate students for global citizenship and responsible leadership, empowering graduates to pursue meaningful lives and productive careers. The College’s Diversity and Inclusion Philosophy and Principles are grounded in this mission and provide a cogent rationale for how and why diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are integral to the College's mission.
Prism is an employee resource group serving Rollins College staff and faculty that identify as part of the LGBTIQQA community (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, and Ally). Established in 2011, Prism provides members with opportunities to connect in both formal and social settings to network and discuss topics of interest. Through a variety of means, Prism helps promote awareness and inclusiveness, and engages in community building and advocacy.
Lucy Cross Center
In serving its mission, the Lucy Cross Center for Women, Gender, & Sexuality:
- Provides a comfortable, welcoming, and inclusive space for students, staff, and faculty of all races, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Provides a safe and comfortable meeting place for women and their allies.
- Provides a space to form community, establish networks, and promote social justice.
- Holds events and informal discussions for groups (including women and their allies, LGBTQ students and their allies, women of color and their allies, off-campus students).
- Serves as an advocate and resource for women and their allies.
Black Women's Circle
The Black Women Circle promotes an atmosphere of fellowship, mentorship, and professional development for staff, faculty, and students of African descent within the Rollins community. Through a variety of means, the Black Women Circle provide members with opportunities to remain connected and to discuss topics of interest that promote and encourage a positive and inclusive environment for the Black staff, faculty, and students. We support the efforts of the College to cultivate an inclusive and welcoming environment of diversity to further the contributions and goals of its staff, faculty, and students at Rollins. For more information or to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Center for Inclusion & Belonging
At Rollins, fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of learners is one of the College’s core values. To get the most out of their Rollins education, our students must feel comfortable and accepted at every step of their journey. As a result, the mission of advancing diverse perspectives and global thinking is baked right into our curriculum and campus culture. Our campus community forms a vibrant tapestry of unique perspectives—bolstered by a robust roster of resources designed to ensure that every student at Rollins feels seen and supported.