Section Menu

Veteran & Military Affairs

Forever GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program

Learn more about the Forever GI Bill® and the Yellow Ribbon Program, which together pay the tuition costs and eligible fees for eligible veterans and their qualified dependents.

Financial Aid for Veterans & Their Families

Join Rollins as we answers frequently asked questions from veterans about affording a college education.


The Forever GI Bill, previously known as the Post-911 GI Bill, provides tuition benefits, a housing allowance, and a book allowance for veterans who meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, Rollins College is a full participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program which means that all eligible veterans and qualified dependents who are admitted into any of Rollins' programs will receive enough grant aid from the Veterans Administration and Rollins College to pay the tuition costs and eligible fees.

For specific requirements, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Am I Eligible?

In general, the Post-9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

In order to receive benefits under the Yellow Ribbon Program, you may be eligible if:

  • You have served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

You must contact The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for certification and confirmation of your benefits. Rollins College cannot make a determination of your eligibility. For information, please visit U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Steps to Take

  1. Contact your Education Service Officer (ESO) prior to applying.
  2. Visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
  3. Click on “Apply for education benefits.”
  4. If you've utilized your benefits at another school and wish to transfer your GI Bill benefits to Rollins, complete VA Form 22-1995 to Change of Program or Place of Training.
  5. If you are not a current Rollins College student, contact the Admissions Office for information on how to apply.
    a. College of Liberal Arts undergraduate students
    b. Rollins professional advancement students
    c. Rollins graduate students
    d. Rollins Crummer Graduate School of Business MBA students
  6. Once you have received your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, please mail, drop off or email a copy of your certification to the Financial Aid Office at
  7. Send a copy of your DD-214 to the Rollins Student Financial Aid Office (not required if a child or spouse is using the transferred benefit).
  8. If you are transferring your GI Bill benefits to Rollins, submit a copy of your 22-1995.

How are Payments Handled?

  1. The VA will pay the tuition and fee benefit directly to Rollins College.
  2. The VA will pay the book stipend directly to the student one to two weeks prior to the first day of the term. The housing allowance is paid in arrears at the end of each month and it is pro-rated based on the number of days in class.
  3. Timing of payments is dependent upon enrollment certification. Typically, payments are received in arrears.
  4. Your tuition will be deferred, provided you have submitted all required documentation.
  5. Room and board charges are due upfront and by the established deadlines. You may use other financial aid to assist with these charges if needed.

Return of Military Tuition Assistance

Students using Military Tuition Assistance (TA) must follow the withdraw and refund policies of the school in which they are enrolled (College of Liberal Arts, Hamilton Holt School, or Crummer Graduate School of Business). Students using TA who withdraw from a term are subject to a percentage of their assistance being returned to the issuing agency. The amount of credit is determined by the effective date of withdraw, i.e., the date the student stopped attending classes. 

Complete withdraw and refund policies can be found at

To remain in compliance with Department of Defense (DOD) policy, Rollins will return any unearned TA funds up to completing 60 percent of the term on a prorated basis. Spring semester reached 60 percent completion on March 28, 2023. After this date, TA will not be evaluated for a return to the DOD.

Instances when a Service member stops attending because of a military service obligation, Rollins will work with the affected Service member to identify solutions that will not result in student debt for the returned portion.

Rollins College Veterans Program Point of Contact

Amy Sanders
VA Certifying Official
T: 407.646.1993