Wellness Center

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to use the Wellness Center?

All currently enrolled Rollins students are eligible to receive services at the Wellness Center.

Students in the Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program are eligible to receive health services only. To avoid dual relationships that may interfere with the counseling process, MAC students are encouraged to click here for counseling resources off-campus and to check in with their faculty advisor for additional information on counseling options. 

Do I need an appointment?

Students are strongly encouraged to call for an appointment.


How do I make an appointment?

Call the Wellness Center at 407-628-6340. A front desk staff member will guide you through the process of making an appointment. You do not need to share the reason for your appointment over the phone if you are uncomfortable doing so. To protect your confidentiality, the Wellness Center cannot schedule appointments or discuss your care through email.


What if I need medical or mental health attention after hours or during weekends?

In case of a life-threatening or medical emergency, call 911. In case of a mental health emergency, call 911 or Lifeline of Central Florida (407-425-2624). On campus during Spring and Fall semesters, students can also call Campus Safety (407-646-2999) to be connected to a counselor.


What should I do if I have a medical emergency?

Call (or ask someone to call) 911 to dispatch rescue personnel immediately.


Who will be treating me at Health Services?

Your medical care as a Rollins student will be provided by an advanced registered nurse practitioner who is able to diagnose and treat most common physical health problems and prescribe medications.


Can the Center fill prescriptions?

The Wellness Center can prescribe but cannot dispense drugs. Click here for a list of credentialed pharmacies near campus, such as Taylor’s Pharmacy on Park Ave., Colonial Pharmacy on New England Ave., CVS, Walgreens, and Publix.


Is there a fee for using the services of the Wellness Center?

Office visits are free of charge to currently enrolled students. There are fees for some lab and testing services, which are due at the time those services are rendered. Fees can be paid with cash or check or billed to the student’s R-Card.


Does the Wellness Center help provide birth control?

Yes; students can make a Health Services appointment for contraceptive counseling. Health Services can prescribe hormonal contraceptives following a Well Woman consultation.