You’ve worked hard to earn your credits, and we want to put them to work for you.

We know that understanding how your credits will transfer is likely a major part of your decision to attend a new school, so let us help you figure out how your previous coursework will apply as you finish your bachelor’s degree through Rollins’ Professional Advancement programs. On average, students in Rollins’ Professional Advancement programs have more than 90 percent of their credits accepted, which is just one of the reasons why Rollins is consistently ranked among the nation’s best colleges for transfer students by Phi Theta Kappa.

Giving You the Credit You Deserve

Rollins accepts credit from everywhere from colleges and universities to the military and professional certifications.

  • Credit From Colleges & Universities

    In the evaluation of transfer credit, four (4) semester hours equals one Rollins course. Transfer credit is not awarded for courses with a grade below ‘C-’. Students with sixty (60) semester hours of credit enter Rollins College with junior standing, but may need additional time to fulfill the requirements of specific majors.

  • Military Credit

    Students enrolling in Rollins’ Professional Advancement programs are eligible to receive military credit from USAFI, DANTES, ACE, and from selected military specialty schools. Official transcripts will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

  • Credit for Professional Certifications & Licensure

    Students enrolling in Rollins’ Professional Advancement programs are eligible to receive up to eight credits of general electives for professional certifications or licenses. Credentials must be recognized by the American Council of Education (ACE) and listed in the ACE National Guide to qualify for credit award.

Determining If Your Credit Will Transfer

Rollins will accept most transfer credit for courses completed at a regionally or nationally accredited college or university. When reviewing courses for transfer, the following must be met:

  • Courses must be college level. Developmental courses will not qualify for transfer.
  • Only courses with a C- grade or higher are transferable.
  • Students can transfer up to 92 credit hours.
An admission counselor in a blue Rollins polo video chats with a student.

Get Help Applying

Have questions about your application? Our admission counselors can help take the guesswork out of applying.

Connect With a Counselor
A professor leads a class discussion with a small group of students gathered around a table.

Understanding the Rollins Approach

At Rollins, we want all of our students to have a multi-disciplinary approach to their education. This is reflected in how students complete courses within their major. Our curriculum is divided into three parts—general education requirements, major requirements, and general elective requirements. As a transfer student, it is important that you understand how your credit is applied to each of these three parts.

Completing the Rollins General Education Requirements

Transfer students who enter Rollins with a completed Associate of Arts (AA) degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are waived of the Rollins general education requirements and will matriculate with junior standing. Students entering Rollins without a complete AA degree can complete the Rollins general education requirements by transferring in courses that equate to these requirements.

  • Math Competency Courses in statistics and most courses beyond intermediate algebra
  • Writing Competency Courses focused on writing and composition skills
  • Expressive Arts Requirement Most courses in art, dance, drama, music, or theater
  • Humanities Requirement Courses in philosophy, religion, art history, religion, classics, or literature
  • Science Requirement Science courses that contain a laboratory experience in biology, chemistry, environmental studies, or physics. Other science courses in related disciplines with a laboratory experience will be considered.
  • Social Science Requirement Courses in anthropology, economics, history, political science, psychology, and courses that study culture, race, and/or ethnicity
  • One additional expressive arts, humanities, science, or social science course

Transferring Major Required Courses

Students who have completed courses that align with their major may receive transfer credit for these courses. Using our Transfer Credit Database will help you determine if your course is equivalent to one of our major requirements. Once accepted students will receive an individualized transfer credit evaluation that will outline exact major transfer credit.

Freedom to Craft Your Own Journey

Exploring a variety of subjects and interests is at the core of a liberal arts education. Our general electives allow you to try new things, gain experience, or pick up a minor. Courses that you have completed that do not fulfill a general education or major requirement but meet our transfer policy outlined above will be given credit to help you complete your general electives.

A screen shot of a transfer credit database

Transfer Credit Database

This transfer equivalency site is provided as a guide to how many of the most common classes taken at other institutions may transfer to Rollins. Not all courses and institutions may be included, however, transfer credit will still be awarded if courses meet the requirements list above.

Visit the Transfer Credit Page

Have Your AA? You’ve Met Gen Ed Requirements

Rollins College participates in an articulation agreement between the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF) and the Florida Division of Community Colleges and Workforce Development.

Through this participation, students who enter Rollins with a completed Associate of Arts (AA) degree from a regionally accredited community college or state college and transfer a total of sixty (60) semester hours will matriculate with junior standing.

Transfer credits/hours must meet the same standards and program requirements as those for native Rollins students.

As part of the College’s participation in the ICUF Articulation Agreement, General Education Curriculum Requirements are waived for students with an AA degree from a regionally accredited community college or state college as well.

Upper-level writing reinforcement and oral communication requirements, both part of the College’s general education curriculum, are infused into one or more upper-level courses within each major course of study.

A candidate applying for the Rollins College Holt school.

Take the Next Step

No application fee. No standardized tests required. No more excuses.

Start Your Application