Section Menu

International Student & Scholar Services

On-Campus Employment

On-campus employment is available to international students studying under F-1 or J-1 status. Visit our Social Security Numbers page for more information.

On-Campus Employment

As an F-1 student, you may apply for on-campus employment provided that you are authorized by the USCIS to attend Rollins College, and you are maintaining full-time studies. You can begin working on campus immediately as there is no minimum time requirement in F-1 status for this type of work. You will need a Social Security Number in order to get paid, so be sure to start that process as soon as you are offered a job on-campus if you do not have a number already!

J-1 students enrolled full-time and in good academic standing may apply for permission to work on campus. Authorization may be part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during the semester and full-time (40 hours per week) during college breaks. Once a student has an offer for a position on campus, students must request a letter and new Form DS-2019 with authorization from the Responsible Officer in the OISSS. The letter and new Form DS-2019 must be issued prior to starting any on-campus employment. 

What is considered on-campus employment? On-campus employment means that you will be working on Rollins College premises (perhaps in the library or your academic department). It also includes working for a commercial firm that provides direct services to Rollins College students (such as dining services).

Additionally, work that is performed at an off-campus location but that is educationally affiliated with Rollins can be considered on-campus employment. This work must be associated with the school’s curriculum and be an integral part of your educational program [8 CFR 214.2(f)(9)(i)].

How many hours can I work?

You can work up to 20 hours per week while school is in session. You may be eligible for full time employment during vacation periods and holidays.

For more on-campus employment information, please visit the website of the Center for Career & Life Planning. Be sure to read the "International Students" tab to learn more about non-resident employment procedures.