Section Menu

Office of International Programs

Financial Aid

If you receive financial aid and/or academic or athletic scholarships, make an appointment to meet with a counselor in Student Financial Aid to confirm what aid you will receive for your Rollins or Rollins Approved study away program.

Approved Semester Programs

Most of the aid and scholarships you receive from Rollins will transfer directly to your semester study abroad program. Exceptions may include:  

  • work study programs 
  • athletic grants 
  • merit scholarships offered by academic departments  

It may be possible to take on additional loans, particularly parent loans, to help supplement the cost of study abroad.  

Students who participate in two Approved Semester Programs can only apply Rollins scholarships and grants to one program UNLESS one of the two programs is an exchange* program. If neither semester program is an exchange, the student may still participate, but Rollins scholarships and institutional aid will not apply to the program costs. Federal and State Financial Aid will still apply. 

*Current exchange programs:   

  • China: Hong Kong Baptist University 
  • Japan: Kansai Gaidai University 
  • Morocco: Al Akhawayn University 
  • Spain: University of Oviedo 

Field Study and Approved Summer Programs

Typically, there is limited financial aid available for Rollins Approved Summer and Field Study programs. If you are enrolled in six credits or more during the summer, you may be eligible for additional Pell Grant funds or parent loans—speak with a Financial Aid counselor to find out more. 

Non-Rollins Programs

Federal, state and institutional financial aid and institutional scholarships can NOT be applied to non-Rollins programs (semester, summer or short-term programs).

Financial Aid and Credits

You may need to be enrolled in a certain number of credits while abroad for all your aid and scholarships to apply. Taking fewer total credits while abroad can also affect your financial aid amounts.  
If you drop a course once you are abroad, you MUST let the Financial Aid office know. In addition, if you receive financial aid through the state of Florida Bright Futures program, you must complete all your scheduled courses to receive your allotted aid.