Financial Aid

Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program

Learn more about the Post-9/11 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program, which together pay the entire cost of tuition and fees for eligible veterans and their dependents.


The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides tuition benefits, a housing allowance, and a book allowance for veterans who meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, Rollins College is a full participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program which means that all eligible veterans (and dependents) who are admitted into any of Rollins' programs will receive enough grant aid from the Veterans Administration and Rollins College to pay the entire cost of their tuition and fees. Eligible veterans will not need to take out loans or find other funding sources for a Rollins education.

For specific requirements, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Am I Eligible?

In general, the Post-9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

In order to receive benefits under the Yellow Ribbon Program, you may be eligible if:

  • You have served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

You must contact The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for certification and confirmation of your benefits. Rollins College cannot make a determination of your eligibility. For information, please visit U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Steps to Take

  1. Visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for the application. Click on "Apply for benefits" and then navigate to the VONAPP (Veterans Online Application).
    • After reading the instructions and beginning the VONAPP, select form 22-1990, the Application for Benefits.
    • If you utilized your benefits at another school and wish to transfer your GI Bill benefits to Rollins, select form 22-1995 instead of 22-1190.
  2. If you are not a current Rollins College student, contact the Admissions Office for information on how to apply.
  3. Once you have received your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, please mail or drop off or email a copy of your certification to the Financial Aid Office.
  4. Send a copy of your DD-214 to the Rollins Financial Aid Office (not required if a child or spouse is the using the transferred benefit).
  5. If you are transferring your GI Bill benefits to Rollins, submit a copy of your 22-1995.

How Are Payments Handled?

  1. The VA will pay the tuition and fee benefit directly to Rollins.
  2. The VA will pay the book stipend and housing allowance directly to the student.
  3. Timing of payments is dependent upon enrollment certification. Typically payments are received by the beginning of the second month of class (many times earlier).
  4. Your tuition will be deferred, provided you have submitted all required documentation.
  5. Room and board charges are due up front and by the established deadlines. You may use other financial aid to assist with these charges, if needed.