Crummer Graduate School

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to all your questions about financial aid for graduate business degrees at Rollins College.

1. Is it common to receive assistance to finance a Rollins graduate degree in business?

About 70 percent of Rollins students get some type of aid. And, for some of our programs, no one is denied financial aid.

2. I have heard that banks are cutting back on lending — are loans still available?

Rollins is a direct-lending college, which means that we work directly with the U.S. Department of Education to secure your loan. The availability of funds is not affected by the health of banks, and the funds are guaranteed.

3. How much am I guaranteed to receive through the U.S. Department of Education?

You can receive as much funding as you need through the following two U.S. Department of Education programs:

Up to $20,500 in Direct Funding
Students can get up to $20,500 per academic year for their education through Direct loans. The Direct loan program is not based on credit or income.

  • Unsubsidized: You pay the interest on the loan which can be paid during the school term, or can be deferred until repayment is required.
  • You must have at least 90 credit hours toward an undergraduate degree.

Additional Funds Available Through GRAD PLUS
GRAD PLUS is a loan that can be used in addition to the Direct Funding plan:

  • GRAD PLUS is a credit-based loan.
  • Funds can be used for tuition, books and living expenses.
  • GRAD PLUS can be used in addition to Direct Funding or as an alternative.

4. When do I need to pay back my loan?

Loans provided by the U.S. Department of Education are generally deferred, as long as you are enrolled at least half time. Payback starts six months after you graduate, separate from Rollins, or drop below six credit hours.

5. Does Rollins provide any other types of financial aid to graduate business degree students?

  • Rollins College has increased its merit-based scholarship budget for full-time MBA students.
  • Rollins College is also participating in the new Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program, which means that eligible veterans or qualifying dependents will have their tuition and fees paid in full through a combination of veteran benefits and Rollins College grants. Eligible veterans will receive an annual book stipend and monthly housing stipend from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.

6. What do I need to do to get started?

You will need to fill out a FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You can fill out this form and submit it online. Make sure you list Rollins College as your institution of choice—this will allow FAFSA to send your information to the financial aid office at Rollins College. Upon receipt of your application and acceptance into the program, the financial aid office will send you an award letter detailing your award amounts.

7. How can I learn more?

8. Are there other general types of information I might want to know?

Rollins College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC). Please contact the Financial Aid Office for specific information relating to the cost of attendance, available financial aid programs, or financial aid policies for study abroad programs.

Graduation/Retention rates and information relating to the athletic program may be obtained by contacting the Director of Institutional Research at 407-646-2573.

Information on campus crime statistics may be obtained by contacting Campus Safety at 407-646-2999.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) assures the confidentiality of your educational record. This Act also allows you access to information contained in your educational record. Please contact the appropriate office if you would like access to any information held. Rollins College 's policy regarding confidentiality can be found in the College Catalogue. The policy permits the release of directory information without the student's consent unless specifically requested in writing not to disclose. Students who wish to have their directory information withheld must make this request no later than September 1 of each year. If a request is received, all directory information will be withheld since the College cannot release selected information. Requests for withholding of directory information should be made to the Office of Student Records.

If you are a financial aid recipient you have certain rights and responsibilities.

You have the right to:

  • Confidentiality, the privacy of your file is protected.
  • Appeal financial aid decisions about your application. Written appeals should be submitted to the Student Aid Appeals Committee in care of the Office of Financial Aid.
  • Information about the terms and conditions of financial aid programs. This information is provided in the Rollins College Catalogue and in the Student Aid Award Notice enclosures.
  • Inspect your education records and request amendment of those records, if you believe them to be inaccurate, by contacting the Dean of your program.
  • File a complaint with the Department of Education if you believe your right to confidentiality has been compromised.
  • Defer Direct Loan payments for Peace Corps or certain other types of volunteer service after you graduate.

You are responsible for:

  • Submitting accurate applications and forms before the deadlines.
  • Following instructions for application, renewal of aid, or resolving problems.
  • Providing the Dean of Students Office with accurate permanent and local addresses and telephone numbers.
  • Notifying the Office of Financial Aid if a change in your family financial situation occurs, or if you receive assistance from an outside source.
  • Reading the provided information about the terms and conditions of all aid programs.
  • Requesting special assistance when it is needed.
  • Maintaining satisfactory academic progress according to the policies established for financial aid recipients.

9. What happens to my financial aid if I must withdraw from class or am unable to complete a semester?

If you must withdraw from class you may be required to repay a portion of your financial aid. Eligibility for financial aid is based on the costs involved with attending for an entire semester. Please read the following Return of Title IV Aid policy carefully.

Repayment Requirements for Federal Aid Recipients who fail to complete a semester
In the event that a student who received Title IV funds completely withdraws, is expelled, drops out, or otherwise fails to complete a period of enrollment for which charges are incurred, the College will first determine whether:

  • The student did not attend any class and therefore overpayment provisions apply.
  • In this situation 100 percent of the aid funds would be returned to the Title IV, State, or Institutional programs; or
  • The student attended at least one class and regulatory repayment requirements apply. In this situation, the College must calculate the amount of aid that was "unearned" at the time of departure from the College.

Unearned Title IV funds, other than Federal College Work Study, must be returned to the appropriate financial aid program. A student "earns" Title IV funds in direct proportion to the length of time he or she remains enrolled. The percentage of time during the period that the student remained enrolled is the percentage of aid for that period that the student earned. For example, if a student remains enrolled in 50 out of 100 calendar days for a semester, that student has earned 50 percent of his or her aid. Therefore, using this example, 50 percent of the aid must be returned to the appropriate aid program(s). A student who remains enrolled for more than 60 percent of the semester earns all of his or her aid for that semester.

A student who abandons (drops out) his/her classes without officially notifying the college will have a portion of aid cancelled and returned to the appropriate program. The midpoint of the semester will be used as the withdrawal date for students who fail to provide official notification.

According to Federal Guidelines, the responsibility for repaying unearned aid may be shared by the College and the student in proportion to the aid each is assumed to possess. The College share is the lesser of: a) the amount of unearned aid or b) institutional charges multiplied by the percentage of aid that was unearned. The student's share is the difference between the total unearned amount and the institution's share.

Unearned Title IV aid will result in a reduction to each aid program in the following order:

  • Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loan
  • Federal Subsidized Direct Loan
  • Federal Direct PLUS/Grad Loan
  • Federal Direct PLUS Loan

Reduction of the above programs may create a balance that will be due from the student to the College. The student's share of a grant will be reduced to half per federal law. The student's share of a returned loan will be paid according to the terms of the promissory note. Aid from Rollins' sources will be reduced by the same percentage of credit given against tuition. The percent of credit given against tuition is dictated by the College refund policy. Rollins College's policy does not include state programs in the return of Title IV aid. State of Florida grant and scholarship programs will be finalized at the end of the drop/add period.