Campus Safety

Vehicle Registration

All motor vehicles operated by students, faculty, staff and visitors must be registered with the Rollins College Department of Campus Safety. All Rollins College students, faculty and staff are required to have a current Campus Safety decal and R-Card to park in the parking garage or on campus. 

Vehicle Registration

Vehicles can be registered using our online vehicle registration form only.

To register a vehicle online, please log onto Foxlink. On the main page (the Community Tab), at the bottom left hand side, you will see a link that says "Vehicle Decal Application". You can also find this link on the Student Life Tab on the right hand side of the page. Fill the form out and upload your documents. Once you have completed your application online, please visit our office to complete payment and pick-up your decal. 

Please bring your R-Card to Campus Safety at time of pick up. Registration of a vehicle on campus does not guarantee a parking space, but permits the registrant to park in authorized parking areas when space is available.

Prerequisites for Registration

  • A copy of the State Vehicle Registration, driver’s license, and completed Campus Safety - Vehicle Registration Form must be provided to Campus Safety at the time the parking decal is issued.
  • The vehicle must be registered and meet the legal requirements for operation in the State of Florida and be owned by the applicant or an immediate  family member.
  • All outstanding Campus Safety parking violation charges must be paid in full.


Decals must be purchased at the rate of $75.00 for a full year or $40.00 for an individual semester. Replacement decals are $20.00, unless the vehicle was in a verifiable accident. To upgrade a decal (for College of Liberal Arts Students with proof of credits) will cost $5.00. Hamilton Holt and Crummer students may purchase additional decals at $40.00. Sutton Apartment residents must also display a Sutton Hang tag (free of charge) along with their regular student decal.

CLA First Years are only allowed vehicles on campus if they meet one of the following five criteria, and are only allowed to park on the fourth floor of the Suntrust Parking Garage:

  • They are Honors Program Students
  • They require medical treatment on a continuous bases with a physician outside the College Campus (Doctors note for verification is required)
  • They have a job off campus (Employers note for verification is required)
  • They live off campus
  • They play for a sports team that practices off campus (Coaches approval for verification is required)

Decals must be properly displayed on the driver’s side rear bumper or the outside, lower left rear window. Student decals are non-transferable and must be displayed only on the vehicle to which it is registered. Static cling Faculty/ Staff decals should be placed on the inside, lower left front window. Visitor hang-tags must be displayed, facing forward, from the rear view mirror. A vehicle may only have one type of permit (Faculty/ Staff, Student or Visitor) displayed at a time.

CLA Sophomores may park in any floor of the Suntrust garage only, with the exception of Sutton Apartment residents with a Sutton Hang tag whom are allowed to Park in any space around the Sutton Apartments. Juniors, Seniors, Crummer, and Hamilton Holt Students may park anywhere on campus where there is an available student parking space.

Students pay purchase temporary decals for $5.00 if they are eligible to obtain a permit and have a motor vehicle on campus for a period of less than 14 days. If you will be operating the motor vehicle on campus for more than 14 days, you will need to obtain a regular parking decal.


Visitor parking permits are required upon arrival to campus – they can be obtained by either visiting the Campus Safety office or by calling (407)646-2999 - and may only park in designated visitors spaces. 

Guest of students may pick up a decal upon arrival to campus, which will allow them the same parking privilege as that student. Guest must be accompanied by the student, and decals cannot be issued for longer than 14 days at a time. These decals will cost $5.00 and guest will be held accountable for any parking citations they may receive. 

Vendors and service providers will be issued a vendors decal that will not exceed a six month period, free of charge. Vendors and service providers are expected to follow all traffic and parking guidelines. Failure to do so may result in revocation of your parking privileges.

Vehicle Registration Policy

Boats, boat trailers, personal golf carts, utility trailers and recreational vehicles may not be parked on campus, including the parking garage, at any time without the prior approval of the Department of Campus Safety.

Rollins College assumes no liability for damage to, or theft of any vehicle or its’ contents, or for the injury or death of anyone involved in a vehicular accident while on college property. Rollins College will not be held liable for damage to vehicles as a consequence of any natural disaster or “Act of God”, including but not limited to falling trees, tree limbs, utility poles, signs, etc.

The maximum speed limit on campus is 15 miles per hour. However, road conditions, weather and time of day may reduce the safe operating speed.

Special events and activities may require special regulations. Follow appropriate signage and communication regarding restrictions relevant to special events.

A vehicle may be parked and/ or operated on college property only in areas identified on the campus map and/ or marked by signs, street markings, parking regulations or other designations that indicate parking and/ or operating is permitted.

It is the driver’s responsibility to find a legal parking space. Lack of an approved or convenient space is not a valid excuse for violating parking regulations.

In the event of a mechanical failure, the driver of the vehicle must: Drive or push the vehicle to the nearest legal parking space and immediately notify Campus Safety. Under no circumstance should a vehicle with a mechanical problem be left blocking a street, driveway, handicap space or be left in a fire lane. If the vehicle cannot be moved, it may be towed at the owner’s expense.