Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if my credits transfer?

Rollins accepts most transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions. You can transfer credits as long as you’ve earned a C- or higher in the class, and it aligns with courses offered at Rollins. One you are accepted, you will receive an individual transfer course evaluation outlining exactly how your courses will transfer. See if Rollins accepts credit from your school.

Are transfer students eligible for financial aid?

Yes, all transfer students can apply for need-based financial aid. Head to our scholarships and financial aid guide for transfer students to learn more about the types of aid Rollins offers, and complete our Net Price Calculator to get an early approximation of what you can expect to pay to attend Rollins.

Does Rollins offer academic scholarships to transfer students?

Yes. At Rollins, transfer students are eligible for scholarships that range from $6,000 to $24,000 per year. Transfer students are eligible for academic scholarships based on their performance in high school and college. You can learn more about scholarships in our financial aid guide or by connecting with your counselor.

How long will it take to complete my degree?

It depends on how many credits you’ve completed already. Transfer students must complete at least 70 semester hours in the College of Liberal Arts.

What do I need in order to apply?

You’ll need to complete an application and personal statement as well as submit official copies of your final official high school transcript and official college transcripts. Also, don’t forget to fill out the FAFSA.

Rollins does not require transfer students to submit letters of recommendations or standardized test scores (SAT/ACT) for acceptance or consideration for scholarships. Learn more about applying to Rollins as a transfer student.

If I applied to Rollins in the past, do I need to re-apply?

If you have previously applied to Rollins and are interested in applying again, you can either submit a new application or contact to reactivate your previous application.

If you are a previously enrolled student who has been gone for more than one academic calendar year, please email to reactive your application.

If you were previously enrolled at Rollins and have been away for less than one academic calendar year, please contact the Dean of Students at 407-646-2345 about readmission.

If I participated in dual-enrollment classes in high school, does that make me a transfer student?

No, you’re only considered a transfer student if you’ve taken college-level courses after high school graduation.

What if I will have my Associate’s Degree by the time I transfer?

You do not need an associate’s degree to transfer, but students who apply for transfer with a completed AA from an accredited institution will be exempt from our general education curriculum.

Do I need to submit test scores as a transfer student?

No, test scores are not required to apply as a transfer student.

What if I want to take a single class at Rollins?

Rollins welcomes applications from candidates seeking admission as a transient, guest, or special student if they intend to take courses for credit and are not degree-seeking candidates. You are limited to a maximum of two courses per term and are eligible to take these courses on a space-available basis. Admission is granted for one term only. Students who wish to continue their studies in this status must make a formal request for readmission for each consecutive term. Qualified applicants are only loan eligible, and must be enrolled at least half-time (six credit hours). If you’re interested, please complete the Special Student Application for Admission.

I’d like to pursue a second bachelor’s degree. How do I apply?

If you already have a bachelor’s degree and are interested in pursuing another, the second degree must be in a field that is completely separate from your first bachelor’s degree. Qualified applicants are only eligible for loans and will not be considered for other forms of financial aid. Interested parties can apply by completing the Special Student Application for Admission.

How many students transfer into Rollins on average?

This varies from year to year, but Rollins welcomes about 35 transfer students in the spring and around 80 in the fall.

When do transfer students typically hear back about admission?

On average, decisions are sent within 2-4 weeks of a completed application.

Can transfer students live on campus?

Yes, but transfer housing is limited. There are many off-campus apartment options in the Winter Park area. If you want to request to live on campus, it’s important to apply by the March 1 deadline and commit by the March 15 priority deadline.

How do I register for classes?

Once you have been accepted, our transfer student specialist will work with you one on one to create a first semester schedule based on your transfer credit.

Do I need to apply to or declare my major after I am accepted?

No, you are automatically accepted to the major indicated on your application. If you have listed undeclared on your application, you will have the opportunity to declare a major at orientation.

Jonathan Hooker

Connect With Your Admission Counselor

Jonathan Hooker, associate director of transfer admission, will guide you through every aspect of the admission process.

Connect with Jonathan