Section Menu

Accessibility Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. The documentation you provide remains with the Accessibility Services Office. It is only released to campus officials in relevant, educationally necessary situations. Faculty will not be notified of a student's diagnosis unless the student makes a written request that the office do so. Academic accommodations are not indicated in any way on college transcripts.

There is no separate application or application process for students with disabilities. Students with disabilities apply as any student does and must be qualified for admission according to the College’s admissions criteria. Admitted students are strongly advised to contact the Accessibility Services Director, as soon as they decide to attend the College so that they can submit required documentation in a timely fashion if they plan to request services, including accommodations. Guidelines for required documentation are delineated under “Specific Documentation Guidelines.”

You will be able to complete the Accommodation Request Form as soon as you have access to Foxlink with your Fox ID and Password. Once you are able to complete that form, you will be contacted to set up a welcome meeting. If you do not have your Fox ID and Password yet, you are more than welcome to contact us to discuss our accommodations process and to learn more about our program.

This depends on the nature of your disability. If you suspect you have a learning disability or psychiatric disability, you should make an appointment with a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist who performs psychological evaluations. If you have a physical disability, you should obtain a medical report from your treating physician. See Documentation Guidelines for more information.

Yes, as long as the documentation meets the specific documentation guidelines. IEP and 504 Plans, if available, should be submitted along with diagnostic medical documentation.

Also, please keep in mind that your accommodations from high school may not translate to college. If you have any questions about the accommodations you’ve received previously and how they may work at Rollins, please reach out to us.

To request academic accommodations, you will need to complete the following steps:

  1. Fill out the Accommodation Request Form which can be found on the Student Life tab within FoxLink.
  2. Submit documentation that supports a connection between disability and the requested accommodation(s).
  3. After receiving your request form and documentation, an Accessibility Services staff member will review your request and determine eligibility for the requested accommodation or alternative accommodations. Accessibility Services will reach out to schedule your Welcome Meeting where we will meet to learn more about your needs, your request, and to discuss any next steps.
  4. If accommodations are approved, accommodation letters will be sent to your current faculty members that outline your accommodations. Your disability information is not included in the letter.
  5. Each semester, the student is responsible for submitting a request for accommodation letters to their professors. We will not assume that a student will want their letters to be sent.

Generally, when you are approved for accommodations, they will be in place for your entire time at Rollins. You will not need to seek approval or provide new documentation unless you are requesting a new accommodation. However, you will need to request your accommodation letters to be sent every semester. Reminders of how to complete the semester request process will be emailed to your Rollins email account at the beginning of each semester.

Accommodation requests may be denied if there was not sufficient documentation to support the request or if the requested accommodation is not reasonable. Students have the right to appeal the decision. Appeal guidelines can be found in our accommodation policies.

Generally, accommodations for temporary disabilities such as injuries or concussions are not required under the ADA. However, Accessibility Services may provide accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Documentation is required in these cases and Accessibility Services will determine what accommodations may be reasonable.

No, but our office works closely with the Tutoring and Writing Center. The TWC provides appointments with writing consultants and subject-specific tutors. If you’d like to learn more, visit

Students requesting accommodations specific to COVID-19, please review this document. Students who are in need of accommodations must complete an accommodation request form via Accommodate. Students can access the request form on the Student Life tab within FoxLink. We will work individually with each student requesting accommodations to determine the ways in which reasonable adaptations can be made while maintaining both the safety of the community and the academic standards of our programs.