HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ROLLINS COLLEGE
UPWARD BOUND PROGRAM
Inform your teachers and guidance counselor that you plan to go to college, and that you are applying to Upward Bound.
Request and complete an application to the program. You can call (407) 646-2282, or download the application form HERE.
Complete and return the application, and make sure your guidance counselor and teachers send in their recommendation forms!
Wait for us to contact you to schedule an interview for you and a parent. Depending on the time of year, open positions are limited.
Participant Qualifications -- Students enrolled in our target school in grades 9 - 10 may apply (8th graders may apply for the summer before 9th grade). If your family meets the low income criteria established by the U.S. Government AND/OR if neither of your parents have a 4-year college degree, then you have met the basic qualifications. Selection is also based on teacher recommendations, test scores, grades, and a personal interview.
Upward Bound is currently accepting applications from students at Edgewater, Wekiva, Jones, Oak Ridge and Evans high schools. Middle school students who will attend one of those high schools may apply to Upward Bound upon completion of 8th grade.
Before you apply...
Please make sure your answer to all of these statements is YES:
- I plan to go to college after graduation from high school.
- My family qualifies as "low income," OR neither of my parents graduated college with a four-year degree.
- I am (or will be) a high school student in one of the target high schools.
- I am dedicated to working hard in high school so that I am prepared for college.
- I am NOT involved in any sport or any school activity that will prevent me from attending Saturday morning sessions during the school year.
- There is NO reason (other than required summer school) that would prevent me from attending the six-week summer program.
- I have already read the description of the program in "What is Upward Bound?"