Student employees at Rollins provide valuable services that help the College meet its mission. Sometimes student employees go above and beyond in their on-campus jobs, and the OSE encourages supervisors and staff to recognize them for their outstanding work.
Below are some resources and ideas for recognizing student employees for their hard work:
- Give praise publicly. If a student did something great, share praise in staff meetings involving the student, via a department-wide email, or in other creative ways.
- Submit a Service Excellence Electronic Recognition Card if you've seen or received great service from a student.
- Make and frame a certificate of appreciation for your student and hang it in their work station.
- Post a picture of your student at work, along with kind words of recognition, on your office Facebook page. You can also send it to our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll post it on the OSE Facebook page!
- Nominate your student employee for the annual Student Employee of the Year competition (nominations accepted each Spring).
- Collect thank you notes and cards from members of the department and present them to your student employee.
- Try any of the suggestions here for ways to thank your student employees during National Student Employee Appreciation Week (NSEAW), celebrated on the second week of April every year.