Nominations Open January 27, 2014 – February 15, 2014
The Rollins Student Employee of the Year Award is being presented for the first time at Rollins this year to an outstanding student employee who has made a unique contribution to the college and has demonstrated exceptional reliability, quality of work, initiative, and professionalism.
The winner will receive a certificate and an award of $300. In addition, the Rollins winner will be entered in the regional competition sponsored by the Southern Association of Student Employment Administrators (SASEA). The winner of that competition receives a $1,000 award and is entered in the National Student Employment Association competition, which also offers a $1,000 award.
In order to be eligible for consideration, student employees must have worked a minimum of six months, from June of 2013 through May of 2014. All Rollins student employees (work study, non-work study, graduate assistants) are eligible for consideration.
- Nominations may be submitted only by the staff or faculty member who supervises the nominee. Student employees may not submit nominations.
- Each supervisor may nominate only one student employee.
- A student may be nominated more than once only if the student works in more than one department.
- Nominations will only be accepted from January 27nd through February 15th, and must be emailed as pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, supervisors may print and mail the nomination via campus mail to the OSE (campus box #2786).
Completing the Nomination Form:
- You will be asked to provide a brief job description. Please describe what this particular student actually does as your employee, rather than providing a generic job description. This portion of the nomination form is subject to a 330-character limit.
- You will be asked to describe your student employee’s performance in five areas:
- Quality of work
- Uniqueness of contribution
- Please be as specific as possible. Details and examples are important! Focus on qualities that set the nominee apart from other student employees and on the impact the nominee has had on your department and/or the college. This portion of the nomination form is subject to a 1200-character limit for each area.
- Please be sure to focus your remarks on the student’s performance and accomplishments as an employee, not on the student’s academic performance or extra-curricular activities.
- The nomination form includes a preliminary eligibility check, which verifies that the student has employment in an eligible job code during the eligibility period. After nominations close, another check will be run to ensure that the nominee has/will have worked a minimum of six months, from June of 2013 through May of 2014. If the student does not meet the requirements at that point, you will be notified that the student is ineligible.
- If your nominee is selected as the Rollins Student Employee of the Year, you will be asked to write a two-page nomination letter for the regional competition.
Questions? Contact Norah Pérez, email@example.com.
Nominations will only be accepted from January 27nd through February 15th, and must be emailed as pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, supervisors may print and mail the nomination via campus mail to the OSE (campus box #2786).