Recognizing Our Student Employees
Each year, on the second full week of April, colleges and universities across the country recognize and celebrate the important contribution that student employees make in their on-campus jobs. We feel very lucky at Rollins to have such exceptional student employees in a myriad of different jobs that help the College meet its goals.
Check out the some of the events we'll be hosting to celebrate student employees all week long below!
National Student Employee Appreciation Week Events:
- Monday, April 14th:
- Student Employee Appreciation Coffee Break - 8:30-10:00am (Darden Lounge, Campus Center)
- Join us as we provide complimentary coffee, fruit, and muffins to kick off the week!
- Tuesday, April 15th:
- Professional Image Project - 12:30-1:30pm (Bieberbach Reed, Campus Center)
LinkedIn Netiquette: What’s your professional digital footprint? Attend this workshop hosted by Career Services to learn how to market yourself and your on-campus job experience for post-graduation employment, get tips on creating/optimizing your LinkedIn presence, and learn ways to connect and network with prospective contacts. Presenter: Anne Meehan, Assistant Director of Career Services
Bonus: Professional Headshots! Come to the session above dressed in business attire to have a professional photographer take your headshot for your LinkedIn profile! We’ll send you your professional headshot via email.
- Wednesday, April 16th:
- Make Your Strengths Work for You! - 5:30-7pm (Galloway Room, Mills)
Do you know your Top 5 Strengths? StrengthsQuest is a nationally recognized program focused on helping students and professionals understand, utilize, and develop their personal strengths. Come join us to and learn more about yourself, others, and how to be an effective team member! Hosted by Jeremy DiGorio, OSIL. Park Ave Pizza provided.
- Thursday, April 17th:
- Have Your Cake and Career, Too! - 12:30-1:30pm (Faculty Club)
- Craving a cupcake or two? Need a bit of help preparing for a future job/internship/grad school search? Join other student employees for free cupcakes and a workshop hosted by Career Services on how to translate your student employment skills to future employers through your resume and interview techniques! Presenter: Julia Larson, Assistant Director of Career Services
- Friday, April 18th:
- Raffle Winners Announced!
- Prizes include:
$25 Target gift cards
$20 Mellow Mushroom gift cards
$50 gift card for a local store/restaurant of your choice!
All Week Long:
- Fill out a raffle ticket at any of the events above and be entered into a drawing for some great prizes! Winners chosen on Friday, April 18th.
- Look for lawn signs with messages from supervisors about their great student employees!
- Send us a picture of you at work (email@example.com) and we'll not only post it on the Rollins Office of Student Employment Facebook page, but we'll enter another raffle ticket for you!
- Supervisors: For some fun and interesting ways to celebrate your student employees all week, click here!