Recognizing Our Student Employees
Each year, on the second full week of April, colleges and universities across the country recognize and celebrate the important contribution that student employees make in their on-campus jobs. We feel very lucky at Rollins to have such exceptional student employees in a myriad of different jobs that help the College meet its goals.
National Student Employee Appreciation Week (NSEAW) gives supervisors, administrators, and departments a chance to highlight and give thanks for the invaluable services that students perform with dedication, enthusiasm, and initiative. Check out the some of the events we'll be hosting to celebrate student employees all week long below!
Rollins NSEAW Events:
- Monday, April 8th:
- Student Employee Appreciation Coffee Break - 8:30-10:30am (Darden Lounge, Campus Center)
- Join us as we provide complimentary coffee and muffins to kick off the week!
- Tuesday, April 9th:
- "Make Your Student Job Work For You" Resume Workshop - 12:30-1:30pm (Galloway Room, Mills)
- Current hourly student employees get an hour of their regular pay for attending this useful workshop hosted by the Office of Career Services.
- Wednesday, April 10th:
- Professional Headshots - Noon-2pm (Bieberbach-Reed, Campus Center)
- Come dressed in business attire to have a professional headshot taken for your LinkedIn profile!
- Thursday, April 11th:
- Interviewing 101 - 5-6pm (170 Fairbanks, Career Services Offices: 1st Floor)
- Learn pre-interview research techniques, strageties for answering interview questions, and essential approaches to appearing calm and self assured. Hosted by the Office of Career Services.
All Week Long:
- Fill out a raffle ticket at any of the events above and be entered into a drawing for some great prizes! Winners chosen on Friday, April 12.
- Look for lawn signs with messages from supervisors about their great student employees!
- Send us a picture of you at work (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll post it on the Rollins Office of Student Employment Facebook page!
- Supervisors: For some fun and interesting ways to celebrate your student employees all week, click here!