Business Services has a new process for surplus property designated for internal reallocation/department reuse. All items will now be posted on our Public Surplus site. In order to request items for department reuse from Rollins College, you will need to take the following steps.
- Register at Public Surplus (link for Rollins employees only).
- Type in registration code: RUBY 35 DRUG 70
- Fill out personal information in the section "Information About You." Complete "Desired Username and Password" section.
- Proceed to the next step, which will lead you to the area will you will agree to the "Buyer Agreement." Check the box next to "I have read and accepted the buyer agreement."
- Proceed through the next step, until you see the "Register" button. Click the "Register" button.
- You will then receive either an e-mail confirmation or a phone confirmation. Enter your confirmation code at the next screen.
- Once registered go to the Public Surplus login site.
- Enter login information.
- Click on the "Auctions" tab to see items available for internal reallocation/department reuse (designated with a ) and items for sale.
- To select an item for internal reallocation, click on the small description of the item, and then click the "Submit" button in the blue box. Contact Larry Barrett or Jason Wezgraj at 407.646.2334 to arrange for delivery.
- If you wish to bid on a public auction, please enter a bid amount and click the submit button. At the end of the auction period, the high bidder wins. Payment is made directly to Public Surplus. Once payment is made, please contact Larry Barrett or Jason Wezgraj at 407.646.2334 to arrange for pick-up.
The Department of Surplus Property strives to ensure the integrity of Rollins College's assets and resources. The surplus property management program is an integral part of the procurement cycle.
Surplus Property (defined)
Surplus properties are of goods and equipment that have ended their use by one department, but are usable by another department.
The Department of Surplus Property is committed to the prudent stewardship of surplus property resources at Rollins College. The surplus property program is an integral part of the effective maximization of the College's resources and assets.
- Insure that unused College assets are being fully utilized.
- Provide an avenue for a department with limited resources to obtain usable equipment.
- Avoid excess institutional expenditures for new goods and equipment by using existing surplus property.
- Be a responsible environmental steward for the College by finding reuse markets for surplus property.
- Efficiently remove surplus equipment from buildings on campus to provide more space for their core needs.
- Continuously improve the program to meet the needs of the campus.