Renters Liability Insurance

Rollins College does not assume responsibility or carry insurance for the loss of personal property whether due to theft, fire, water, or any other cause or for an individual's personal liability as tenant of the premises. It is recommended that tenants arrange for adequate insurance coverage for the protection of their own personal property; for the protection of the landlord for damage to the premises from neglect or accidental causes of the tenant; and protection for bodily injury or property damage to a third party who may be a guest of the tenant.

A NOTE FROM MANAGEMENT: It is important to consider renters liability insurance coverage to financially protect yourself and your personal belongings.  As mentioned above, the College's property insurance only covers the cost of reapairing the building in the event of a fire or other disaster.  We strongly recommend that all tenants seek out a personal renters or a tenants insurance policy that will cover items such as your personal posessions, liability protection, and cover additional living expenses.  You will need to shop around to find the best coverage for your individual needs.