The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is proud to present a new initiative for faculty and staff that started this Spring semester: Rejuvenation Break. Lenny Barrett, certified personal trainer and yoga instructor, comes to Rollins once a week to provide a rejuvenation break of breathing and stretching exercises that are “sweat-free.”
Barrett describes Rejuvenation Break as a way “to help them increase their energy level while having fun.” It can also help with the release of stress, and improvement in physical strength, balance, and flexibility.
Barrett, a Rollins parent and Holt student, wanted to find a way to give back to her community in a meaningful way. By leading the Rejuvenation Breaks, she helps faculty and staff members get to know each other better and create a stronger Rollins community while improving their health and wellness. At the end of each session, all participants leave refreshed and ready to go back to work.
No special attire or equipment is required, but attendees should feel free to bring a towel or mat. They will continue throughout the summer and into the Fall semester.
If you have any questions, please contact Zakiya Brown.
• Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher
• Professor Subhas Tiwari yoga student
• Certified pilates instructor
• Certified ACE Group Exercise and Personal Trainer
• Wah Lum Kung Fu and Tai Chi student
• "Yoga with Dawn" TV show
• "AM 1440 WPRD" Yoga interview
• Yoga Stress Relief Presentation for Dr. Farkash's class, a psychology professor at Rollins College
• Yoga teacher for Rollins' faculty and staff
• Yoga model for Shareitliveit