Human Resources Management Certification Courses Offered as Stand-Alone ClassesThe popular Human Resource Management Certificate Program modules will now be available as stand-alone classes. With an updated curriculum, the full program offers seven modules for those pursuing a career in HR and those who have HR as part of their management responsibilities.
The Rollins College Human Resource Management Certificate Program will run from September 20th through November 1st of this year and is specially designed for new entrants in the field, general managers responsible for HR, professionals who wish to expand or update their industry knowledge, and those considering a career in human resources. The program includes the following courses:
- Realizing HR's Strategic Role, Robert Prescott, Ph.D., SPHR
- Linking Training and Development to Organizational Goals, Erica Bader Sorrell, MBA, SPHR
- The Essentials of Employment Law, Susan K. Mckenna, J.D.
- Performance Management: Leading for Greater Results, Leslie Miller, Ph.D., PHR
- Identifying, Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent, Laura Schmidt, SPHR
- Social Media for HR Professionals...new tools for Communication, Innovation, Collaboration and Recruiting Talent, Roger Lear
- How Human Resources Creates Value, Robert Prescott, Ph.D., SPHR
“The HR Certificate Program offers insight into the many components of HR, from social media in the workplace to the essentials of employment law,” said Erica Sorrell, executive director, Rollins College Center for Management & Executive Education. “Classes are taught by practitioners who work in the industry. Our program isn’t a ‘test prep’ course; what participants learn in the classroom they can apply the next day at work.”
This HR Certificate Program is approved for 19.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). Participants receive a comprehensive resource manual and framed certificate of achievement.
In addition to the full Human Resource Management Certificate, students have the option to take the classes as stand-alone workshops. These evening workshops allow participants to gain expertise in a specific topic.