Rollins MBA Professor Alon Publishes Franchising GloballyNovember 30, 2010 — Rollins College George D. and Harriet W. Cornell Chair of International Business Ilan Alon recently published Franchising Globally— Innovation, Learning and Imitation. Published by Palgrave Macmillan (May 11, 2010), Franchising Globally is the first of its kind to examine franchising both from an entrepreneurial and from an international perspective.
The book includes theoretical discussions and practical examples of international franchising as well as both micro and macro studies of franchising environments in different parts of the world.
On the topic of franchising, Alon has previously published:
- Service Franchising: A Global Perspective. New York: Springer (2005)
- International Franchising in Industrialized Markets: Western and Northern Europe, co-authored with Dianne Welsh (2003)
- International Franchising in Industrialized Markets: North America, Pacific Rim, and Other Developed Countries, co-authored with Dianne Welsh (2002)
- International Franchising in Emerging Markets: China, India and Other Asian Countries, co-authored with Dianne Welsh (2001)
- International Franchising in Emerging Markets: Central and Eastern Europe and Latin America, co-authored with Dianne Welsh (2001)
- The Internationalization of U.S. Franchising Systems. New York: Garland Publishing (1999)
Alon teaches undergraduate and graduate courses relating to international business, management and marketing at Rollins College. He is also Visiting Scholar and Asia fellow at Harvard University. Alon is also the Director of The China Center at Rollins College. The China Center serves to establish Rollins College as a leader in global education, facilitated cross-cultural learning and teaching in or about China. Founded in 2005 by a core group of dedicated faculty members from anthropology, history, international business, library and modern languages, The China Center has become a center of excellence comprising of cross-disciplinary scholars who promote the mission of the college for global citizenship.