Venture Plan Competition
The submission deadline is February 28th at midnight.
The Venture Plan Competition held during the Spring semester, provides Rollins students, alumni, faculty and staff an opportunity to take an idea for a new product or business and develop a plan to introduce it to the marketplace. Participants compete for prize money before a panel of distinguished judges, all of whom are successful investors and entrepreneurs. Competition judges are experienced, entrepreneurial-minded practitioners in the business community. Since its inception in 2005, 30% of Challenge winners have successfully launched new ventures. The 2012 Venture Plan Competition awarded $29,000 in prize money. This year the competition to exceed the total prize money awarded in previous years.
Past First-Place Winners of the Venture Challenge:
- 2005: NoblePlay (Theresa Anderson and Linnette Padron)
- 2006: PawWare Profiles (Evan Dygert)
- 2007: ReDesigning Women (Dawn Haymes and Tammy Daigle)
- 2008: Ascent IT Solutions (Andrew Sellers, John Kramer and Mark Hayden)
- 2009: City-State Technologies (Chris BonGiovanni)
- 2010: Go! Parent (Jennifer Floyd and Todd Levine)
- 2011: Pea in the Pod Prenatal Spa (Retu Jalhan)
- 2012: flexReceipts (Tomas Diaz and Sachin Jaitly)
The Elevator Pitch Competition provides individual students the opportunity to give a 90-second pitch for new venture ideas in front of a panel of judges who are experienced investors and entrepreneurs. The Elevator Pitch Competition, held during Global Entrepreneurship Week in November, provides an excellent opportunity to receive feedback on the viability of a new idea and challenges students to expand on their ideas for future participation in the Venture Plan Challenge. The 2012 Elevator Pitch Competition awarded $1,500 in prize money.
Statewide Collegiate Venture Plan Competition
The Statewide Collegiate Venture Plan Competition is a joint-venture initiative between the Florida Venture Forum and universities and colleges within the state who promote new venture creation on their campuses and in their communities. The CFAE is a founding participant in this event which engages students from all regions of Florida, providing a showcase opportunity for the winner of the Rollins Venture Plan Challenge. In 2012, the winner of the Rollins Venture Plan Challenge went on to win the Statewide Collegiate Venture Plan Competition.
- Rollins College
- Florida International University
- University of Central Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of Florida
- University of North Florida