In the last two years the JUMP Bus has driven over 20,500 miles and more than 220 classes and organizations have utilized the JUMP Bus.
Places the JUMP Buses Have Been
- All current approved drivers must read and re-sign the guidelines at the beginning of every school year to refresh on all of the rules and procedures as well as make sure all risk-management paperwork is up to date.
- All requests for reservations must be made via Virtual EMS under 'Vehicles' – we can no longer accept e-mail requests.
- All drivers must be approved through Human Resources and trained by the Center for Leadership and Community Engagement on rules and procedures.
- To qualify for approval, all drivers must be at least 21 years of age, a current Rollins student or employee, have a clean driving record for the last two years, and have a valid US drivers license.
- All drivers that need to go through the approval and training process must begin at least two weeks prior to needing the JUMP Buses in order to provide adequate time. If you do not complete the process within the required two weeks, CLCE reserves the right to deny requests for reservations.
- All trainings must be scheduled with Sofia Macias (SMacias@rollins.edu, 407-691-1250); availability will depend on her schedule and that of the Bus.
- All offices, classes, and organizations are able to use the JUMP Buses for non-service based trips with an understanding of the following:
- Borrowers are responsible for making sure ALL trash and items are removed from the vehicle once returned, and will be charged if cleaning/detailing is necessary.
- Each individual rider must complete a field trip waiver prior to boarding the JUMP Buses and all waivers must be turned in to Sofia Macias.
- An email must be submitted to Sofia Macias with all participant names prior to departing Rollins campus per Human Resource Policy.
- All groups are required to find their own drivers. CLCE is not responsible for finding individual drivers for any experience.
- Only current Rollins students, faculty, and staff are able to enter/ride on the bus.
If you wish to reserve the JUMP Bus, please make a reservation under Virtual EMS.
Special Note: In the event of scheduling conflicts the Center for Leadership and Community Engagement will only assist to provide alternate transportation for service–related experiences.
*Drivers that do not follow the above guidelines will have their driving privileges revoked.*