Complete the request form, below, in order to receive login information for the College's institutional survey account with Survey Monkey. By completing this form, you understand and agree to the following:
Rollins College’s Office of Institutional Research (“OIR”) maintains an institutional survey account with SurveyMonkey.com (“Survey Monkey”); although other units of the College may hold an individual license at the department level. The Survey Monkey account serves as an institutional survey website which has the capability to collect survey data and present the data in report format.
Rollins’ Survey Monkey account is open for institutional use; it is a single account using a single universal username and password. This setup is convenient (and great for the very low price we pay), yet it poses a concern, as users have previously been granted access to gather data through in-house surveys with little prior guidance.
In an effort to better maintain the account and its usage, OIR will be changing the username and password every 60 days.
If you would like to use Rollins’ OIR account—which is free to your department—the following guidelines will need to be observed in order to ensure the best use of the account. Furthermore, please ensure you configure the settings of your survey according to the Survey Monkey Setting Requirements.
- The institution’s Survey Monkey account is for official Rollins College data collection only; surveys should be created and distributed for the benefit of the students and/or the College. This account shall not be used for surveying by off-campus entities or by faculty or students conducting research studies.
- In using the Survey Monkey account, users agree to use a departmental folder, which clearly identifies your department, to store, maintain, and archive your surveys, and will access only the surveys in your departmental folder. Surveys left in the general "My Surveys" list will be removed.
- Users shall take the proper use and protection of personal and institutional data seriously and have a strong interest in and commitment to abiding by federal, state, and College policies and laws which protect the confidentiality of records. (See FERPA and Data Security and Stewardship Policy.)
- If your surveys involve questions that are personal in nature, inquire about personal behaviors, or solicit personal feedback that is not anonymous, you must submit your survey to the Rollins Institutional Review Board (IRB) for approval prior to launching. (See the IRB website for more information.)
- Under the College’s policies, students and employees have the right to confidentiality. Data collected should be completely anonymous unless the individuals responding to the survey are given explicit forewarning that personally identifiable information will be collected and their responses may be associated with their name/contact information.
- Users and/or departments will not use the account to conduct surveys designed to gather information pertaining to the performance or personal characteristics of students, faculty, or staff.
- Users must agree not to share the Survey Monkey user name or password with others; while the account’s username and password is universal, you are encouraged to refer anyone who works with you to OIR for access so that we are aware of who is using the account. The Office of Institutional Research reserves the right to close any survey that is perceived as coming from a questionable user or one that should have been approved by IRB.
I understand and agree to the above and request access to the institutional survey account.