Rollins maintains an institutional survey account with Qualtrics
to collect survey data and present the data in report format.
Rollins’ Qualtrics account is open to faculty, students and staff for institutional use only. Please use your Fox Link credentials to access your account.
If you would like to use Rollins’ Qualtrics—which is free to you—please observe the following guidelines to ensure the best use of the account. Please never ask for Social Security Numbers (SS#’s) at any time when creating your surveys. If you were to need technical assistance with Qualtrics, please consult Qualtrics Help Page
- The institution’s Qualtrics account is for official Rollins College data collection only; i.e., surveys should be created and distributed for the benefit of the students’ education and/or College’s business. The account should not be used for surveying off-campus entities or by faculty, student and staff conducting research studies that are not related to their bona fide relationship with Rollins College. In other words, business use of the account is prohibited.
- In using Qualtrics, users shall take the proper use and protection of personal and institutional data seriously and have a strong interest in and commitment to abiding by federal, state, and College policies and laws which protect the confidentiality of records. (See FERPA and Data Security and Stewardship Policy.)
- If your surveys involve questions that are personal in nature, inquire about personal behaviors, or solicit personal feedback that is not anonymous, you must submit your survey to Rollins Institutional Review Board (IRB) for approval prior to launching. (See the IRB website for more information.)
- Under the College’s policies, students and employees have the right to confidentiality. Data collected should be completely anonymous unless the individuals responding to the survey are given explicit forewarning that personally identifiable information will be collected and their responses may be associated with their name/contact information.
- Users must agree not to share the Qualtrics user name or password with others. Rollins College reserves the right to close any survey account that is perceived as coming from a questionable user or one that should have been approved by IRB.