Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies in Rome
The Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies in Rome (ICCS) was established in 1965 by representatives of ten American colleges and universities; the number of member institutions has now grown to over 100. It provides undergraduate students with an opportunity in Rome to study ancient history and archaeology, Greek and Latin literature, and ancient art. Many classicists currently in the field are alumni of the ICCS Rome program and look back fondly on their experience at the Centro.
Costs: The program fee is equal to Rollins College tuition and fees, plus room and board, for one semester. For 2013-2014, this is $27,210.
- Includes: Tuition, administration, room and partial board (3 meals a day 5 days a week), and complete medical and emergency insurance
- Does not include: airport transfers in the US, books, personal expenses and travel and property insurance.
- Credit on Student Account: In December for the spring semester and July for the fall semester, students will receive a credit on the Student Account for airfare (average commercial price), weekend meals, and visa. Rollins College does not book flights for this program. This credit will be applied against the balance owed on the account. Students with significant financial aid may end up with a positive balance on the Student Account which can then be requested as a refund. Rollins College does not book flights for this program so students must make arrangements to pay for the airfare themselves.
Estimated Additional Costs Not Included in the Comprehensive Program Fee:
- Airport transfers in the US: Costs will vary
- Travel/Property insurance: Costs will vary
- Personal expenses and course materials: Estimated at $1000
- Souvenirs, entertainment, and independent travel: Costs will vary