Financial Aid

As an international student in F-1 or J-1 status, you have limited options for financial assistance to fund your education and living expenses.  Federal assistance is not available to non-immigrants (Stafford loans, PELL grants, work study, etc.).  Florida has a few grants that are open to a limited group of non-immigrants, but not F-1 or J-1 status.  This leaves the following options available:


Private student loans

a. Available from your home country
b. Available from a bank in the U.S. if borrower has a co-signer who is a legal resident or U.S. citizen; for more information visit International Student Loans.

For more information on financial aid, please visit our Office of Financial Aid website.