On-Campus Employment

As an F-1 student, you may apply for on-campus employment provided that you are authorized by the USCIS to attend Rollins College, and you are maintaining full-time studies. You can begin working on campus immediately as there is no minimum time requirement in F-1 status for this type of work. You will need a Social Security Number in order to get paid, so be sure to start that process as soon as you are offered a job on-campus if you do not have a number already!


As a J-1 student, you may request special permission for on-campus employment. Permission must be granted by the Office of International Student & Scholar Services prior to the start of employment.


What is considered on-campus employment?

On-campus employment means that you will be working on Rollins College premises (perhaps in the library or your academic department). It also includes working for a commercial firm that provides direct services to Rollins College students (such as dining services).

Additionally, work that is performed at an off-campus location but that is educationally affiliated with Rollins can be considered on-campus employment. This work must be associated with the school’s curriculum and be an integral part of your educational program [8 CFR 214.2(f)(9)(i)].

How many hours can I work?

You can work up to 20 hours per week while school is in session. You may be eligible for full time employment during vacation periods and holidays.

Office of Student Employment

For more on-campus employment information, please visit the website of Office of Student Employment.