Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies in Rome
The Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies in Rome (ICCS) was established in 1965 by representatives of ten American colleges and universities; the number of member institutions has now grown to over 100. It provides undergraduate students with an opportunity in Rome to study ancient history and archaeology, Greek and Latin literature, and ancient art. Many classicists currently in the field are alumni of the ICCS Rome program and look back fondly on their experience at the Centro.
- Costs: The program fee is equal to Rollins College tuition and fees, plus room and board, for one semester. For 2014-2015 this is $28,275.
- Includes: Tuition and program administration, accommodation and partial board (3 meals a day 5 days a week), orientation, and complete medical and emergency insurance.
- Does not include
- Airfare from Orlando: Estimated at $1,400
- Visa: Estimated at $140
- Personal expenses and course materials: Estimated at $1000
- Souvenirs, entertainment and independent travel: Costs will vary but an average estimate is $1200-$2000
- Travel/Property insurance (if desired): Costs will vary
- Discount on Student Account: In December for the spring semester and July for the fall semester, a discount will be applied to the Student Account for meals not included on the program. The discount should cover normal, basic costs for meals/groceries. Students with significant financial aid may end up with a positive balance on the Student Account which can then be requested as a refund.
- Need-Based Scholarships: scholarships based on financial need are available to off-set costs associated with international airfare, and, in exceptional cases, other costs associated with study abroad. Students apply for scholarships through the normal program application.