Rollins College sponsors travels and special events for students as a means of providing a comprehensive and diverse learning environment. These types of activates always carry potential risks. Rollins takes risk education and management seriously. Informing students of risk associated with off-campus events such as class trips, conferences, service projects etc. (both academic and co-curricular in nature) whether local, national or international is our responsibility as educators. The safety and welfare of our community, including students who leave campus for Rollins activities, are our top priorities. Therefore, Rollins has adopted an electronic Student Travel Waiver Form.
One of the purposes of this form is to educate our students to the potential risk associated with an activity and what is expected of them during the trip. These forms are to be provided to the students at least 15 days in advance of an off-campus activity so that the students can read the information carefully and electronically sign the waiver form. In addition, a parent or guardian must sign the waiver form on behalf of any Rollins student under the age of 18.
In the comment section of the form, and before students sign, trip organizers must provide specific details of the potential risk associated with the trip planned and state their expectations of the students while they are on the trip.
Faculty and staff leading domestic trips are considered to be Campus Security Authorities (CSA) under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. As such, the CSA’s are responsible for reporting in a timely manner any crimes or an incident that may be a crime that was told to you. Contact the Campus Safety Department at email@example.com
or call 407-646-2999. Get the basics of what took place – who, where and when. Tell the person that you must report the information to Campus Safety. Below is a list of Clery reportable crimes: Criminal Homicide, to include; murder, non-negligent manslaughter and negligent manslaughter ; Sex Offenses, to include; forcible and non-forcible sex offenses; Robbery; Aggravated Assault; Burglary; Motor Vehicle Theft; Arson, Liquor, drug, or weapons law violations; Hate Crime, to include; larceny, simple assault, intimidation, destruction/damage/ vandalism; Stalking, Domestic Violence, or Intimate Partner Violence.
Below are the instructions on how to use the system.
To register your trip, please log into Foxlink and complete the Off Campus Travel/Trip Registration Form located in the bottom right hand corner on the All Users tab.
Trip Organizer Registration Instructions:
- Log into Foxlink.
- Click on the “Off Campus Travel Registration Form” in the Travel Organizers channel (bottom left corner of “All Users” tab.
- Complete form as thoroughly as you can. Please note that all fields are required.
- Once complete, you will receive an email confirmation containing event details.
- Click on the “Send Email to Participants/Class” link at the bottom of the confirmation page to generate a new outlook mail message.
- Please note that if this Trip is associated with a course, the BCC field will be populated with the email addresses of those registered in that course. If it is not associated with a class, the organizer must populate the TO or BCC field with the participant email addresses.
- Copy and paste the Participant Instructions (between the horizontal lines on confirmation page) into the body of the new email.
- Add your signature to the new email before sending.
Trip Organizer Admin Instructions:
- Log into Foxlink.
- Click on the “Travel Waiver Administration” link in the Travel Organizers channel.
- A list of all of your registered events will be displayed.
- Click on the appropriate Event ID link to view event details and a list of students who have completed the waiver form and are thereby eligible to go on your trip.
- Please communicate with participants often to ensure that everyone fills out a form before the date of your trip.
- Before leaving on your trip, click on the link to Print/View the emergency contact list for all your participants.
- Use your browser Print capability to print the list displayed.
Trip Participant Instructions:
- Log into Foxlink.
- Click on the “Participant Travel Waiver/Consent Form” in the bottom right corner of the “All Users” tab.
- Enter the Event ID provided to you in the email from your leader/organizer. Click Submit.
- Please verify that you are viewing the correct event in the Event Information section. If not, use the browsers Back button to return to the previous page and re-enter your event id.
- Please provide your emergency contact information.
- Please read the waiver in its entirety.
- Please electronically sign the waiver by clicking on the checkbox and entering your full name in the space provided at the bottom of the form.
- Click Submit.
- You are now eligible to go on your trip.
Paper waivers forms will continue to be available on the Human Resources/Risk Management website below. These forms must be sent to Risk Management within 48 hrs of the event.