The Human Resources Department takes a broad perspective on employee relations and provides information, advice, and solutions that pertain to building and managing good relationships between supervisors and employees; change management; employee awards and recognition; performance evaluation; as well as on workplace conflict, discipline and misconduct.
To meet these goals, the Human Resources Department provides the following resources:
- Advise and refer employees experiencing personal problems
- Develop and manage programs for employee recognition and appreciation
- Problem solve with supervisors around employee and organizational issues
- Assist/coach employees in managing relations with their supervisors
- Assist employees in responding to disciplinary or performance counseling
- Advise supervisors when considering employment action for misconduct or performance problems to ensure compliance with College standards and fair and consistent treatment