Learn how to recognize and prevent unlawful harassment at educational institutions, and discover who is protected. Below are the steps to access and complete this course:
- To begin, click here: Preventing Workplace Harassment Online Course
- Create a new account on the right side of the screen.
- Enter the following registration code: 1900-SC37-XY12
- Fill out the New Account form with your details. Provide information about your role at the institution and then create a username and password.
- Once you are logged into the United Educators website, please find the section titled, Higher Education: Course recently updated to address compliance with the Title IX requirements of the April 2011 “Dear Colleague” letter and select the appropriate course:
- Staff & Student Employees: Select “Staff” link to begin the course
- Staff Who Supervise: Select "Supervisor" link to begin the course
- Faculty: Select “Faculty” link to begin the course
- Faculty Who Supervise: Select "Faculty Who Supervise" link to begin the course
- Once completed with all sections of the course select the "certificate" link and print a copy.
The course is based on thousands of harassment claims against colleges that United Educators (US) has handled. UE is a licensed insurance company owned and governed by more than 1,100 member educational institutions. Preventing Workplace Harassment was developed by a UE employment lawyer who has studied and written extensively on court expectations regarding harassment prevention training. In addition, the course was pilot tested by attorneys, human resource professionals, and trainers at colleges and universities throughout the country.