Master of Liberal Studies
Applications will be considered upon receipt of all materials. After your application packet is complete, we will contact you to arrange a personal interview on campus with a member of the Rollins College faculty.
- Submit a completed Application for Graduate Admission.
- Request official transcripts of your academic work from all colleges or universities that you attended, including Rollins College.
- Complete the Additional Questions for the MLS Application form.
- Submit two letters of reference on forms provided. Select individuals who know you well now and who can appraise your ability to pursue graduate study in a multidisciplinary program in the arts and sciences. One letter should come from a professor.
- Attach an essay in which you discuss a book that you enjoyed reading, other than the Bible, and explain how that book has influenced your thinking. The essay should be typewritten, double-spaced, and three or four pages in length.
- Attach the Application Supplement which briefly comments on the qualities, life experiences, and special abilities that you could bring to the Master of Liberal Studies Program.
- If you intend to apply for scholarship support based on financial need, applicants must provide a completed MLS Scholarship Application and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Forms available in January each year.
- Students who have earned degrees from non-English speaking institutions should submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A score of at least 550 or better on the paper test, or 213 or better on the computer test, or 80 or better on the Internet-based test (IBT) is required on the TOEFL for admission.
- Students who are not American citizens must demonstrate appropriate permanent resident or visa status. Only full-time student status will qualify students for an F1 Visa.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $50 payable to Rollins College. A check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard is acceptable.
Paper copy of instructions
Graduate Studies Application
MLS Transcript Request Form
MLS Recommendation Form
Need Adobe Acrobat Reader? Download it from the Adobe Web site. (Installation instructions are also available.)
All materials must be forwarded directly to:
Master of Liberal Studies
203 East Lyman Avenue
Winter Park, Florida 32789
If you have further questions, please call us at 407-646-2653, e-mail MLS@rollins.edu, or write to us at the above address. To discuss the program in person, please request an appointment with an academic adviser or with the director of the program.