For most adults, getting the flu is more of an inconvenience than a medical threat (although for some people, medical complications can result from the flu). It’s important to remember that flu season begins in November and lasts until May and the littlest things can make a big difference. Here are some recommendations:
• Visit Rollins Health Services to get a flu shot.
• Carry a bottle of hand sanitizer, use when soap and water are not available.
• Wash your hands often with warm water and soap.
• Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough.
• Sneeze into your sleeve or toward the ground.
• Use a paper towel to turn the doorknob when leaving a public restroom.
• Keep your own pen handy to write checks and sign receipts.
We encourage students, faculty and staff to take advantage of the flu vaccines offered by Rollins Health Services. The Rollins Health Services clinic is located on campus in the Winter Park Urgent Care Center at 118 W. Fairbanks. The clinic is open during the following hours:
Monday 8:00 – 4:30
Tuesday 8:00 – 4:30
Wednesday 8:00 – 4:30
Thursday 9:00 – 5:30
Friday 8:00 – 3:00
Call Rollins Health Services at 407-646-2235 to schedule your flu shot today.
MSN, FNP-BC, Director
Rollins Health Services