Private, outside scholarships are available from businesses, clubs, organizations and employers. Many Rollins students receive outside scholarships in addition to other types of federal, state, and Rollins financial aid. Students generally seek these scholarships on their own through a variety of avenues. Two good sources for these scholarships are www.fastweb.com and www.cappex.com/scholarships. Below are organizations who have contacted Rollins directly and we are these posting scholarship opportunities. We will also conduct an internal search and notify students who appear to meet the minimum requirements for these scholarships. For specific questions on these scholarships, please contact the organization listed on the application or website.
College Fund of Pinellas County
The College Fund of Pinellas County provides grants up to $1,000 per year to Pinellas County, Florida residents on the basis of academic ability, motivation, and financial need. To be eligible for the scholarship, the student applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States residing in Pinellas County.
- Be a high school graduate with at least a 3.00 GPA or a current or former college student with at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Enrolled full-time.
- Be a recipient of a Federal Pell Grant.
- For additional eligibility details and to access the application, visit http://www.collegefundpinellas.org/.
- Deadline: No applications will be accepted after 32 interview slots are filled or by July 25, 2014, whichever comes first.
The Hartford Technology Rental Company IT Scholarship Grant
The Hartford Technology Rental Company has announced two new scholarships for the 2014-2015 year. To be eligible for the scholarship, the student applicant must:
- Be an Information Technology major.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Show financial need.
- Enrolled full-time.
- Have enough credits for enrollment as a junior.
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- For additional eligibility details and to access the application, visit www.rollins.edu/finaid/documents/Hartford-Scholarship-2014.
- Deadline: April 30, 2014 and November 30, 2014