How to Avoid Common Mistakes on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Whenever the FAFSA uses the word "you", it is referring to the student (not the parent).
- Double-check the spelling of the student's name, social security number and date of birth on the FAFSA.
- Do not leave income information blank. Enter a zero instead of leaving a field blank.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to ensure accurate income and tax information.
- If tax returns are not ready by priority FAFSA deadlines, estimate your income information. Then, updated your FAFSA with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool once your tax returns are ready.
- Complete the FAFSA accurately and on-time.
- If in doubt or if you have questions, contact our office at 407-646-2395 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how to file your 2012-2013 FAFSA, please visit: http://www.rollins.edu/finaid/file-fafsa.html
Complete your FAFSA here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/