How will this
information help you in your job?
- You’ll gain working knowledge of
the all-important numbers side of your business.
- You’ll be able to recognize and
interpret financial statement information.
- You’ll be able understand and work
with financial managers.
- You’ll be able to evaluate your
decisions with insights from the financial information.
- You’ll have a better understanding
of your company and its performance.
- You’ll learn the behavioral implications
of financial decisions and how these translate into performance measures.
- Non-financial managers in every
functional area of responsibility
- Managers from areas such as
marketing, sales, human resources, manufacturing, and engineering
- General managers from all types of
- Professionals and individual
contributors with non-financial backgrounds
- Internal or external consultants
and small business owners
- Anyone without a financial
background who wants to gain a better understanding of the numbers side of
- Anyone who wants to gain the
confidence to work more productively with financial managers
to Financial Statements
of the statements
FASB, and IASB
of Financial Accounting
à Financial Statements
about the Balance Sheet and Income Statement
look at the balance sheet
look at the income statement
look at cash flows
Principles and Notes to the Financial Statements
accounting principles—historical cost, matching, revenue recognition
in the notes?
Up and Summary
more look at some actual statements
what you’ve learned