Master of Liberal Studies Application Instructions
Fall 2017 Application Deadlines:
Applications for the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Liberal Studies are accepted on an annual basis.
- March 1, 2017 (Early Decision)
- May 15, 2017 (Regular Decision)
Applications will be considered upon receipt of all materials. After your application packet is complete, we will contact you to arrange a personal interview on campus with a member of the Rollins College faculty.
- Submit the Application for Admission.
- $50 non-refundable application fee (check or money order made payable to Rollins College).
- Request official transcripts of your academic work from all colleges or universities that you attended, including Rollins College.
- Complete the Additional Questions for the MLS Application form.
- Submit two letters of reference on forms provided. Select individuals who know you well now and who can appraise your ability to pursue graduate study in a multidisciplinary program in the arts and sciences. One letter should come from a professor.
- Essay in which you discuss a book that you enjoyed reading, other than the Bible, and explain how that book has influenced your thinking. The essay should be typewritten, double-spaced, and three or four pages in length.
- Statement of Quality which briefly comments on the qualities, life experiences, and special abilities that you could bring to the Master of Liberal Studies Program.
- If you intend to apply for scholarship support based on financial need, applicants must provide a completed MLS Scholarship Application and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Forms available in January each year.
- Students who have earned degrees from non-English speaking institutions should submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A score of at least 550 or better on the paper test, or 213 or better on the computer test, or 80 or better on the Internet-based test (IBT) is required on the TOEFL for admission.
- Students who are not American citizens must demonstrate appropriate permanent resident or visa status. Only full-time student status will qualify students for an F1 Visa.
Master of Liberal Studies
1000 Holt Avenue - 2725
Winter Park, Florida 32789
If you have further questions, please call us at 407-646-2037 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.