Master of Education Application Instructions
Students may apply to begin the Master of Education program in either the fall or spring term. This program is for currently certified elementary school teachers only. If you are seeking initial teacher certification, please apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Fall Admission Deadlines:
- March 1 (Early Decision)
- May 15 (Regular Decision)
Fall 2016 late applications will be accepted through July 15 or until the cohort is full.
Spring Admission Deadline:
- December 1 (Regular Decision)
Applications will be accepted after the regular decision deadline on a space-available basis.
Applicants must submit the following information:
- APPLICATION: A completed Application for Graduate Admission
- APPLICATION FEE: $50 non-refundable application fee (check or money order made payable to Rollins College). Please mail to the address below and include applicant's name on the memo line.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Official transcripts of your academic work from each college or university that you have attended, including Rollins College (if appropriate), regardless of whether or not coursework from one institution is listed on another school transcript. An undergraduate GPA of 3.0+ is recommended. Official electronic transcripts may be sent to email@example.com.
- RECOMMENDATIONS: Three letters of recommendation submitted on a confidential recommendation form. Select professional and/or academic supporters who know you and can appraise your ability to pursue a graduate degree in this area. Letters should be mailed or emailed by the recommender directly to the admissions office.
ESSAY: A two to three page statement of your personal/professional goals and reasons for pursuing graduate studies. This essay should be typed and double-spaced.
- PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR'S CERTIFICATE: Please submit a copy of your current Professional Educator's Certificate.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY:
- Students who have earned degrees from non-English speaking institutions should submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A score of at least 550 (paper test) or 213 (computer test) is required on the TOEFL for admission.
- Students who are not American citizens must demonstrate appropriate permanent resident or visa status. Only full-time student status qualifies students for an F1 Visa.
- Any student that submits a foreign college/university transcript is responsible for having these transcripts sent through an evaluation service for translation. Josef Silny and Associates, Inc. and WES may be used for evaluation services.
Submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Graduate Studies in Education
1000 Holt Avenue – 2725
Winter Park, FL 32789
Applications for admission are considered on the basis of the qualifications of each applicant without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Rollins College is an equal opportunity institution that adheres to a non-disciplinary policy with respect to employment, enrollment, and programs.