Master of Education Application Instructions
The master of education program has a rolling admissions policy, and you may begin classes the semester following admission. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an area other than elementary education.
As part of the application process, you must submit:
- A completed application form
- A three-to-five page statement of your goals and reasons for wanting to become a teacher.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. An undergraduate grade-point-average of 3.0 (B) is required for admission.
- Three letters of recommendation from supervisors or instructors.
- A copy of your professional educator’s certificate.
- The $50 nonrefundable application fee.
Additional admission requirements for international students:
- Students who have earned degrees from non-English speaking institutions should submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A score of at least 550 (paper test) or 213 (computer test) is required on the TOEFL for admission.
- Students who are not American citizens must demonstrate appropriate permanent resident or visa status. Only full-time student status qualifies students for an F1 Visa.
- Any student that submits a foreign college/university transcript is responsible for having these transcripts sent through an evaluation service for translation. Josef Silny and Associates, Inc. and WES are the ones that Rollins uses for evaluation services.
For further information, contact the Graduate Studies Coordinator at (407) 646-1568 or via email at GraduateEducation@rollins.edu.