Information for Suspended Students

This page is designed to answer frequently asked questions regarding suspensions.  If you have questions that are not answered, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Community Standards and Responsibility at (407) 691-1773. 


Living on Campus

You are required to remove all of your belongings from your room and return your key to the Residential Life Office by the date in your decision letter.  If you do not return your key to the Residential Life Office, you will be charged a $50.00 fee to have the lock core changed. 


Financial Aid

Students suspended from the College in the middle of the semester should pay particular attention to how this might affect current financial aid eligibility. Students who are suspended in the middle of the semester are not eligible for a tuition refund.  Please refer to the FAQ’s on the financial aid office website, or speak with the financial aid office directly.  Students who leave the College for a duration greater than one academic year are not guaranteed a similar financial aid award package upon their return.  The policies and availability of financial aid might vary from one year to the next.  Therefore, no student is guaranteed Rollins grants and scholarships upon their return to the college.  Students who have been gone for more than one academic year will be considered for financial aid in comparison to all other transfer students being admitted in that same semester.


Course Registration

Students who are suspended once classes have started will be automatically withdrawn from all of their courses and will receive a grade of "W" or "WF" (based on the date that the sanction was issued).  Students who have the sanction of suspension deferred to the following semester will be able to continue in their classes through the end of the semester. 


On Campus Privileges

Students are not permitted to be on campus during the time that they are suspended.  If you need to visit campus for a legitimate reason, you must get prior approval from the Office of Community Standards and Responsibility and be escorted by Campus Safety while on campus.


Transfer Credits

According to the College of Arts and Sciences Catalogue, no academic credit earned during a suspension will be transferable back to the College.  Please see the Academic Regulations section of the Catalogue for additional information.


Returning After Suspension

In order to return to Rollins after your suspension, you must meet the criteria described in your decision letter.  Please submit all documentation to Diane Willingham in the Office of Community Standards and Responsibility.  We will not be able to process your change of status until we have received all documentation.