Making a Referral to CAPS
- If you believe that a student would benefit from talking with a counselor, there are a number of things that you can do to make a referral:
- Tell the student what you know about services at CAPS. Counseling is free and available for all students at Rollins, and sessions are confidential.
- Suggest that the student take a look at the CAPS website for information.
- If the studernt is hesitant, offer to make the call yourself to set up an appointment for the student. At some point in the conversation with CAPS the student will be required to agree to the appointment and provide contact information to our administrative assistant. Counselors are available to discuss any issue and/or provide referrals to other professionals in the community.
- Offer to walk in with the student at the time of his or her first appointment.
- If you have ever benefited from talking with a counselor, and you are comfortable with this sort of self-disclosure, share your experience with the student.
- It may also be helpful to provide the student with the CAPS contact number (407) 628-6340 and let them know that we are now located in the Elizabeth Hall at the Dubois Health Services.
If you believe that the situation is urgent you may want to...
- Suggest that the student accompany you to our office - no appointment is necessary in an emergency.
- Follow up with the student and suggest alternative treatment in the community if they are reluctant to seek services at CAPS. See community resources for further information.Call to consult with one of our counselors at (407)628-6340 or visit us at CAPS at Dubois Heath Center in Elizabeth Hall.