Venture Plan Competition
The Rollins Venture Plan Competition held during the spring semester, provides Rollins students, alumni, faculty and staff an opportunity to take an idea for a new product or business and develop a plan to introduce it to the marketplace. Participants compete for prize money before a panel of distinguished judges, all of whom are successful investors and entrepreneurs. Competition judges are experienced, entrepreneurial-minded practitioners in the business community.
Of the 18 companies that have been finalists for the Rollins Venture Plan Competition since 2012, 17 are in business. Collectively, those companies have generated $18 million in revenue, raised $8.25 million in investment capital and employ 80 people.
The 2016 Rollins Venture Plan Competition awarded $50,000 in cash prizes with $25,000 in cash going to the winner, Details Flowers. Through a partnership with venVelo, a Winter Park-based, early-stage venture capital firm, the winner of the Rollins Venture Plan Competition is automatically offered an additional $25,000 equity investment to go along with their $25,000 in prize money.
Congratulations to the 2016 Winner and Finalists:
- 1st Place - Details Flowers - Corrine Heck and Isabella Johnston '84
- 2nd Place - Blurtbox - Julien Meyer '16MBA and Arron Solano '16MBA
- 3rd Place - ScopeAround - Jacob Xi '13MBA
- 4th Place - HuLa - Nate Post '13MBA
- 2015: Fattmerchant (Lyndsey Lang)
- 2014: EASE Applications (Patrick de la Roza)
- 2013: BioCurity (Cheryl Baker)
- 2012: flexReceipts (Tomas Diaz and Sachin Jaitly)
- 2011: Pea in the Pod Prenatal Spa (Retu Jalhan)
- 2010: Go! Parent (Jennifer Floyd and Todd Levine)
- 2009: City-State Technologies (Chris BonGiovanni)
- 2008: Ascend IT Solutions (Andrew Sellers, John Kramer and Mark Hayden)
- 2007: ReDesigning Women (Dawn Haymes and Tammy Daigle)
- 2006: PawWare Profiles (Evan Dygert)
- 2005: NoblePlay (Theresa Anderson and Linnette Padron)
Elevator Pitch Competition
The Elevator Pitch Competition provides individual students the opportunity to give a 90-second pitch for new venture ideas in front of a panel of judges who are experienced investors and entrepreneurs. The Elevator Pitch Competition, held during Global Entrepreneurship Week in November, provides an excellent opportunity to receive feedback on the viability of a new idea and challenges students to expand on their ideas for future participation in the Venture Plan Challenge. The 2015 Elevator Pitch Competition awarded $1,500 in prize money.
Statewide Collegiate Venture Plan Competition
The Statewide Collegiate Venture Plan Competition is a joint-venture initiative between the Florida Venture Forum and universities and colleges within the state who promote new venture creation on their campuses and in their communities. The CFAE is a founding participant in this event which engages students from all regions of Florida, providing a showcase opportunity for the winner of the Rollins Venture Plan Challenge.
- Rollins College
- Florida State University
- University of Central Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of Florida
- University of Miami
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida Institute of Technology