Financial Aid Refunds
Spring 2015 refunds will be issued after the drop/add period and should be available starting Monday, February 2nd for students who meet all eligibility requirements. To receive your refund faster, you might consider signing up for direct deposit through Foxlink.
If you do not have direct deposit, your check will be mailed within 2 days of the date the refund is noted on your bursar account on FoxLink. Refund checks will be delivered to the permanent address on file. Please remember, once the check is mailed, Rollins College has no control over how long the post office takes to deliver it to you.
Students with a signed Title IV authorization will need to submit a Refund Request Form to receive a refund through Foxlink. Otherwise, their credit balance will be held on the account for future use. Unless requested sooner, these credits will be released at the end of the aid year.
Confused about refunds?
When do I need to complete a Refund Request Form?
• ONLY if you completed a Title IV AND marked the second box which states:
“By checking this additional box you are authorizing Rollins College to hold any credit balances on my student account until the end of the academic year. I understand that I may request a refund directly from the Bursar's Office earlier in the semester; otherwise, any remaining credit balance will be automatically refunded at the end of the academic year.”
• If you are a Holt student, and did not authorize credit balances to be held on your account, you will AUTOMATICALLY receive your refund when they are processed by the Office of the Bursar. There is no need to fill out a form.
• Financial Aid refunds are processed approximately 3 weeks after the start of the semester.
• Don’t wait for the mail! Complete the Direct Deposit form on Foxlink.
What about books?
Students with excess financial aid may transfer up to a maximum of $1,000 per term prior to their financial aid refund to the Tar Buc$ account to purchase books in the campus bookstore. If you would like to purchase books through the Rollins College Rice Family Bookstore using Financial Aid funds prior to the start of the semester:
• Go to Foxlink and complete the Title IV Authorization. You need only check the first box to authorize the use of Financial Aid funds for non-educational charges. If you check the second box, you are authorizing Rollins College to hold any credit balances until the end of the academic year.
• Complete the "Flex Transfer Authorization Form" located under the "Billing and Financial Aid" tab in Foxlink.
• Once your form has been received and verified, the funds are transferred to your R-Card
• Take your R-Card to the bookstore to purchase your books.
Correspondence from the Bursar's Office (including monthly billing statements) will be sent to the student's official College '@rollins.edu' email account. Students are expected to check their email on a frequent and consistent basis in order to stay current with College-related communications.